Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: YEStival (Yes/Rundgren/Palmer) Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Going to assume it was Jay on drums.
    Do we know any more about this rumour? Seems unlikely to me. If true, Schellen's not been around AFAIK, and it would be White, but I suspect it's not true.

Henry
    Last edited by bondegezou; 04-07-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

It is official. I am not allowed to die until I hear Geoff Downes attempt the opening keyboard bit to "Sound Chaser."

Snark aside... he handles the complex keyboard arrangements of "Awaken" just fine, in my opinion. Moraz, however, is such a different animal.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Do we know any more about this rumour? Seems unlikely to me. If true, Schellen's not been around AFAIK, and it would be White, but I suspect it's not true.

Henry
    Ah wasn't aware of that he wasn't around. Then assuming it's not true as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    I don't see how they can do gates just cause if they are doing a topographic song that is a lot of time spent on two tracks in a probably shorter than usual yes set. (guess they could cheat and do leaves of green from topographic though)
    the sequence of albums they are drawing from is only 9 albums, and the first two have no really long songs......seems like it would still fit time-wise if they wanted to do both RITUAL and TGOD....on 2000 Masterworks tour they played 3 epics (CTTE, TGOD, and RITUAL) and that was sharing the bill with KANSAS.

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    the sequence of albums they are drawing from is only 9 albums, and the first two have no really long songs......seems like it would still fit time-wise if they wanted to do both RITUAL and TGOD....on 2000 Masterworks tour they played 3 epics (CTTE, TGOD, and RITUAL) and that was sharing the bill with KANSAS.
    Given there are 2 opening acts, I will be very surprised it Yes plays for much longer than 90 minutes. I'm thinking Leaves of Green from Tales and either Soon or To Be Over from Relayer

YES will have very little rehearsal time, because both Geoff Downes and Blly Sherwood are tied up with an ASIA tour in June and July....
    so it will probably be songs we've heard on previous tours :

Every Little Thing (played in 2004)
    Sweet Dreams (played in 2004)
    Ritual or TRSOG from TFTO (both played recently)
    Don't Kill the Whale (played in 2015)
    anything from DRAMA (though probably TEMPUS FUGIT since it is the set-closer)

as for REAYER, someone over at YesFans said they had in fact been rehearsing SOUND CHASER....(Believe It !)

YES will have very little rehearsal time, because both Geoff Downes and Blly Sherwood are tied up with an ASIA tour in June and July....

anything from DRAMA (though probably TEMPUS FUGIT since it is the set-closer)

as for REAYER, someone over at YesFans said they had in fact been rehearsing SOUND CHASER....(Believe It !)

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post

I don't follow the logic here: that "Every Little Thing" and "Sweet Dreams" were played in 2004 isn't going to help with Downes' and Sherwood's supposed lack of rehearsal time because they weren't in Yes in 2004!

Henry

Also, isn't it 10 albums to draw from rather than nine?

Yes
    TAAW
    Yes Album
    Fragile
    CTTE
    TFTO
    Relayer
    GFTO
    Tormato
    Drama

Nice to see they're playing at Nautica this time and not out at Northfield Park. Maybe I'll go see them this time.

I don't follow the logic here: that "Every Little Thing" and "Sweet Dreams" were played in 2004 isn't going to help with Downes' and Sherwood's supposed lack of rehearsal time because they weren't in Yes in 2004!

Henry
    Astral Traveler was played more recently with Downes.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Astral Traveler was played more recently with Downes.
    And wasn't TAAW itself played by the current lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Also, isn't it 10 albums to draw from rather than nine?

Yes
    TAAW
    Yes Album
    Fragile
    CTTE
    TFTO
    Relayer
    GFTO
    Tormato
    Drama
    I wonder if they would also do something from Yesterdays since it is a studio album.

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    I wonder if they would also do something from Yesterdays since it is a studio album.
    "America" may be one of the surprises.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Boone, NC? And no Atlanta or other cities further south? What'd we do to deserve this?

Henry
    Pomeroy and Molino weren't in Yes in 1991, but that didn't stop YfARW from under-rehearsing and only playing things they played on that tour.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Pomeroy and Molino weren't in Yes in 1991, but that didn't stop YfARW from under-rehearsing and only playing things they played on that tour.
    Good point. Well made.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    Boone, NC? And no Atlanta or other cities further south? What'd we do to deserve this?
    Not go to enough shows previously? The bands, I'm sure, will play wherever will take them. When they don't play somewhere, it's generally because local venues/promoters aren't interested.

Although, having lived in NC, they might just be boycotting it because the weather is so unpleasant that time of year...

Henry

Rundgren is coming here (Atlanta) in May, so I don't think he'd come right back on this tour....

Tickets for the Yestival stop in Phoenix at the Celebrity theater go on pre-sale TOMORROW...but one needs a Password. Anyone have it? (This is for purchasing through the Celebrity Box Office, not LiveNation and the other big selelrs).

Thank you in advance!

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Pre-sale password for Live Nation is PARTY - this according to a post on the yesfans forum. The pre-sale for non-VIP tickets begins Thursday 4/13 at 10am EDT.
    Last edited by rushfan; 04-11-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Looking forward to it!

of course days after we finally make some plans to do a road trip and include the LA yestival in our itinerary they add a show in reno. oh well the road trip actually serves a few purposes and reno still isn't all that close to where I live but it is annoying that full itineraries can't be told earlier to make it easier for people to plan appropriately.

funny seeing the same people complain on every facebook post about rundgren being there. it is as if they never realized that they could just show up late or go to the bar while he is on if they really don't like him.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    of course days after we finally make some plans to do a road trip and include the LA yestival in our itinerary they add a show in reno. oh well the road trip actually serves a few purposes and reno still isn't all that close to where I live but it is annoying that full itineraries can't be told earlier to make it easier for people to plan appropriately.

funny seeing the same people complain on every facebook post about rundgren being there. it is as if they never realized that they could just show up late or go to the bar while he is on if they really don't like him.
    All those politically conservative Yes fans. Weird, IMO.