Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Record Store Day 2017

Flipping can be a good thing. And flipping can be a bad thing. There are a lot of people in many places that don't have access to a RSD store and probably appreciate the chance to get something they can't get any other way as long as they're willing to pay the price to get it. No one is twisting their arm. It really depends on how badly you want said item and how deep your pockets are. I didn't get a couple of things I was looking for, but was told by several stores they didn't get the items (Yes pic disc, ELP single, Paul McCartney cassette) in the first place. But on the other side of the coin, RSD stores should limit buyers to one copy of each item they buy, at least on the first day of release. But we all know how that goes. There were at least 25-30 or more stores here in the Atlanta area participating. I visited 6. I got some things I wanted, and found a few I didn't know I wanted till I saw them. I'm happy and will consider my options on the secondary market for the stuff I didn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    Flipping can be a good thing. And flipping can be a bad thing. There are a lot of people in many places that don't have access to a RSD store and probably appreciate the chance to get something they can't get any other way as long as they're willing to pay the price to get it. No one is twisting their arm. It really depends on how badly you want said item and how deep your pockets are.
    wouldn't this be something similar to concert ticket scalping, though??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Hit some record stores in San Francisco today and scored the Moondog white vinyl LP that I couldn't get last week. Still didn't see the Popol Vuh, but I picked up a bunch of early ECMs and similar.

Flipping can be a good thing. And flipping can be a bad thing. There are a lot of people in many places that don't have access to a RSD store and probably appreciate the chance to get something they can't get any other way as long as they're willing to pay the price to get it. No one is twisting their arm. It really depends on how badly you want said item and how deep your pockets are. I didn't get a couple of things I was looking for, but was told by several stores they didn't get the items (Yes pic disc, ELP single, Paul McCartney cassette) in the first place. But on the other side of the coin, RSD stores should limit buyers to one copy of each item they buy, at least on the first day of release. But we all know how that goes. There were at least 25-30 or more stores here in the Atlanta area participating. I visited 6. I got some things I wanted, and found a few I didn't know I wanted till I saw them. I'm happy and will consider my options on the secondary market for the stuff I didn't get.
    the problem with the claim of making it available is that most stores put the items up online a few days after for the actual price. so any claims of being a benevolent helper by putting them up on Ebay is complete bullshit. instead you are making it harder for the person to get one for a reasonable price from a actual online store.

now if you bought one for a buddy or someone on a forum and charged the actual price paid then you can claim that but the other is just a attempt to salve a guilty conscious.

Oh, and the BSS is not a flexi, it's a standard clear vinyl one-sided single in a really kick ass cover.
    Indeed.

Long live Downtown Music Gallery(NYC).Many an hour and many a dollar spent there,at all three of its locations.

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide