Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: YES Hall of Fame Induction - schedule of events

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    So who is playing bass? Not Geddy Lee and not Billy Sherwood.
    Bill
    Alan White says Geddy Lee.

http://yesworld.com/2017/03/askyes-q...te-march-2017/

Rob Leas: Will you be playing at the induction? Will Geddy?

Alan White: Yes, we will be performing and I do believe Geddy has agreed to play bass for the band. We’ll be playing 2 songs that everybody knows. I’m going to New York with a very positive sense of playing together again. It will be a bit of an adventure for everybody but when you put us all in the same room, we all know the songs, so it shouldn’t take too long to rehearse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Alan White says Geddy Lee.

http://yesworld.com/2017/03/askyes-q...te-march-2017/

Rob Leas: Will you be playing at the induction? Will Geddy?

Alan White: Yes, we will be performing and I do believe Geddy has agreed to play bass for the band. We’ll be playing 2 songs that everybody knows. I’m going to New York with a very positive sense of playing together again. It will be a bit of an adventure for everybody but when you put us all in the same room, we all know the songs, so it shouldn’t take too long to rehearse them.

Yes will be live in the studio at 8:00 PM tonight on the VOLUME Channel.....perhaps some clarity will be revealed here. As mentioned by someone (me) over at Yesfans, it has been suggested that having an anonymous/non-member bass player has something to do with Jon's belief that "Chris will Be there in Spirit"......

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    According to Sherwood he was asked by ARW to not participate.

Bill
    Really?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    As mentioned by someone (me) over at Yesfans, it has been suggested that having an anonymous/non-member bass player has something to do with Jon's belief that "Chris will Be there in Spirit"......
    That seems an odd piece of speculation. I presume if ARW said no to Sherwood it's because they didn't want Sherwood.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    That seems an odd piece of speculation. I presume if ARW said no to Sherwood it's because they didn't want Sherwood.

Henry
    Exactly. If Sherwood plays at the HOF with Yes, it lends him "legitimacy," which I think ARW doesn't want to lend him...

Mike
    Tabletop Genesis - A Genesis and solo career focused podcast, featuring the opinions of Tom Roche, Stacy Godfrey, Simon Godfrey, Eli Noetinger, and Mike Lord - Listen on I-Tunes, or at http://tabletopgenesis.com/ Twitter: @genesistabletop Facebook: www.facebook.com/TabletopGenesis

So childish
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post

<<As mentioned by someone (me) over at Yesfans, it has been suggested that having an anonymous/non-member bass player has something to do with Jon's belief that "Chris will Be there in Spirit"......>>

Sherwood's much more of an empty vessel for Chris' spirit to inhabit than Geddy Lee would be.

Yeah, but they never had a chance to jam with Geddy. Of course they wanna!

Induction of Yes into HoF correlates to Yes/ARW these days: a massive pile of petty bullshit that IMHO begs whether it'd be better to induct them in absentia...so as to honor the spirit of what was (albeit briefly) than the shameful bickering bunch of twits that they have become.

I used to be such a fan. Now, I can't even bring myself to listen to anything they've done. There's nothing left to Yes that is positive; maybe it was all a sham from day one, I dunno. All I can say is, at this point: f*ck 'em all.

Sorry to interrupt all the fun and games. As an ex-fan I felt it was worth saying.
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Igor Khoroshev on synth bass!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    Igor Khoroshev on synth bass!
    I betcha half the people here don't even know who Igor is/was.

More likely, he'd be playing with one of the female cops there.

Steve Smith just posted a picture of the Howe, Bruford, White table.

table.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    maybe it was all a sham from day one, I dunno. All I can say is, at this point: f*ck 'em all.
    Well, if you'e experienced being screwed seriously over by your parents, best buds growing up, wives and/or girlfriends, colleagues at work, fellow students, intimate friends later on, potential and actual employers, university tutors and supervisers etc. - then why not your heroes in arts and crafts?

It's not always a sham. But not seldom either.

Still at least we've got Knights like Mike J. & Da Plagues.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Well, if you'e experienced being screwed seriously over by your parents, best buds growing up, wives and/or girlfriends, colleagues at work, fellow students, intimate friends later on, potential and actual employers, university tutors and supervisers etc. - then why not your heroes in arts and crafts?

It's not always a sham. But not seldom either.

Still at least we've got Knights like Mike J. & Da Plagues.
    True, true, and thank goodness true.
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

I feel for Billy Sherwood. Yeah, he's got a couple of absolute dream gigs now (Yes and Asia), but it seems he can't get any respect. Can't imagine what the problem is with the ARW guys. I've honestly never been much of a fan, but I credit him for having the balls to take these gigs. Having said all that, I'm like a giddy teenager knowing that Geddy Lee will be playing with Yes!

Clipboard01.jpg

Billy don't look too torn up!

So don't be either!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    I'm like a giddy teenager knowing that Geddy Lee will be playing with Yes!
    You're giddy for Geddy?

(I'm coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs, myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Clipboard01.jpg

Billy don't look too torn up!
    Don't be fooled by those smiles, it looks like they are squeezing each other nuts in a deadly game of bass-balls.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Having said all that, I'm like a giddy teenager knowing that Geddy Lee will be playing with Yes!
    You really think that's happening? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Don't be fooled by those smiles, it looks like they are squeezing each other nuts in a deadly game of bass-balls.
    I didn't know bass had balls. Sounds kinda fishy to me.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I didn't know bass had balls. Sounds kinda fishy to me.
    You always find something to carp about.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You really think that's happening? I'm not so sure.

yes photos taken today of geddy rehearsing with Jon confirm this

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    yes photos taken today of geddy rehearsing with Jon confirm this
    A link or it didn't happen.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    A link or it didn't happen.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater