Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Versions of YES touring in 2017?

Two Versions of YES touring in 2017?

Saw this notice today of Yes playing at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA, but with Rabin, Anderson, and Wakeman. Who has the rights to tour with the band name? Will there be competing versions of Yes touring this year?

http://www.axs.com/events/334158/yes...mountainwinery

You just saw an ad from a confused promoter. This isn't reality. ARW is the band that they are talking about.

Thanks. Actually it's not just AXS but the Mountain Winery itself has them shown as Yes on their concert schedule.

Someone should call them and tell them they are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Someone should call them and tell them they are mistaken.
    I think that Brian Lane would disagree with you.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Here we go!!!
    The Prog Corner

A couple guys in YES are OK with two Asia's. What is the problem really?

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    A couple guys in YES are OK with two Asia's. What is the problem really?
    don't know that they are ok with it beyond the law forcing them to accept it.

Rick Wakeman has posted that ARW are now known as "Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman" (http://www.rwcc.com/gorr.asp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Rick Wakeman has posted that ARW are now known as "Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman" (http://www.rwcc.com/gorr.asp)
    Wow.....this should make for some interesting conversations at the Hall Of Fame induction Friday night.

At this point, what does it matter? Fans understand the difference and can choose to see both versions, see neither or one or the other based on predisposed opinions of "legitimacy." It's just a label that may, or may not bring a few more casual fans to a show. Otherwise, I personally don't care or see the harm. I don't think mommy and daddy are going to get back together, so you might as well enjoy getting double the presents at Christmas! If you enjoy the music, then enjoy whatever brand (and band) floats the boat. If it bothers you that so and so is in/not in the band--that's fine. If the "owners" of the name want to hash it out in court, that's their business and doesn't affect whether I personally go or skip a particular show.

Also, who wants to lay odds that the ARW team names their first album "Yes" or some variation therein?

Just my 2 cents.
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There were two Gallaghers.

I'm totally forming a band and naming it "Yes featuring Bill Bruford's Admirable Restraint".

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How many Lyles?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

The Olsen twins of Prog.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

I hope they both tour the Relayer album.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefish View Post

Also, who wants to lay odds that the ARW team names their first album "Yes" or some variation therein?
    something subtle like

ARW Yes Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefish View Post
    At this point, what does it matter? Fans understand the difference and can choose to see both versions, see neither or one or the other based on predisposed opinions of "legitimacy." It's just a label that may, or may not bring a few more casual fans to a show. Otherwise, I personally don't care or see the harm. I don't think mommy and daddy are going to get back together, so you might as well enjoy getting double the presents at Christmas! If you enjoy the music, then enjoy whatever brand (and band) floats the boat. If it bothers you that so and so is in/not in the band--that's fine. If the "owners" of the name want to hash it out in court, that's their business and doesn't affect whether I personally go or skip a particular show.

Just my 2 cents.
    As long as they all agree to this from a legal perspective it is all good, but if they don't it could get ugly.

Yes and No.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They were brothers. I saw a program about the famous one, apparently Gallagher II was a way for him to help out his unemployed brother, but he stipulations. Gallagher II wasn't allowed to play the same markets as Gallagher, he wasn't allowed to do TV, etc. Well, Gallagher II apparently contravened the agreement, so Gallagher sued him. Apparently, it got real ugly.

Hey there's like 3 Trans Siberian Orchestras

Who will be first to start the "Bracket: Yes vs Yes, which is the better Yes" thread?

Seriously, if those were smart they would incorporate all members not unlike the Gallagher brothers (the comedians - not the Oasis dudes). Then both bands could work in shifts, or at the same time, traversing the world vacuuming up $$$$$ CASH $$$$$$.
    Last edited by timmy; 04-04-2017 at 01:18 AM.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    They were brothers. I saw a program about the famous one, apparently Gallagher II was a way for him to help out his unemployed brother, but he stipulations. Gallagher II wasn't allowed to play the same markets as Gallagher, he wasn't allowed to do TV, etc. Well, Gallagher II apparently contravened the agreement, so Gallagher sued him. Apparently, it got real ugly.
    Yea, it turned into a real mess.

Oh boy. Let the lawsuits commence...