Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Versions of YES touring in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Honestly, they don't get enough credit for this stuff, IMO. Everyone is so eager to complain about Downes, Sherwood, White, entire album tours, etc. and argue about who is the "real Yes," but this band has been recording and gigging for years now. They're the opposite of stagnant, and have creatively tried to give their fans something interesting. They're not just touring on their legacy (i.e. playing the hits). They've combined with several interesting acts, did the cruise, now the Yestival. What more do you want from them?
    Tighter playing at gigs and better studioalbums please.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    Archive releases of the following:

· London 1971
    · Bruford shows
    · Tales soundboard
    · Boston 1974
    · 1976 multitracks
    · Wembley 1978
    · Various studio outtakes

The ideal release to my mind would be a Progeny II containing one show from each tour through Drama, skipping the Yessongs tour which has been done to death. The holy grail would be a well-recorded show from the solo albums tour if anybody's got one in the vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    I'll have what he ordered

You're not getting that from TARWNY (They're ARW, Not Yes), either
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We saw Yes in Reno last September with Jay Schellen on drums and they were tight. Billy and Jay lock in quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    We saw Yes in Reno last September with Jay Schellen on drums and they were tight. Billy and Jay lock in quite well.
    I would agree the tales drama set was the tightest I have ever seen the reformed yes. maybe Jay Schellen has been a help in that regard. so with that in mind I am looking forward to a potential relayer.

Quote Originally Posted by The YfARW Press Release View Post
    The worldwide tour with YES featuring Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman is being produced by renowned concert promoter Larry Magid, who is considered an architect and leader of the modern concert business.
    And yet, just a few months ago, Mr. Magid said, "Certainly this isn’t Yes. It’s not meant to be even though it’s going to be an evening of Yes music redefined and updated." (from https://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=826387)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You're not getting that from TARWNY (They're ARW, Not Yes), either
    Oh this was a competition? Of course I want the same from ARW.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

I'd like each iteration of the band to succeed. Who doesn't?
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    And yet, just a few months ago, Mr. Magid said, "Certainly this isn’t Yes. It’s not meant to be even though it’s going to be an evening of Yes music redefined and updated." (from https://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=826387)
    Thanks for posting that. It would be great for someone to read this back to Mr. Magid (or one of the ARWs) and get their response.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Thanks for posting that. It would be great for someone to read this back to Mr. Magid (or one of the ARWs) and get their response.
    You'd probably get some mumbo jumbo about "Perpetual Change"
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Magid & honesty meet very infrequently.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    The ideal release to my mind would be a Progeny II containing one show from each tour through Drama, skipping the Yessongs tour which has been done to death. The holy grail would be a well-recorded show from the solo albums tour if anybody's got one in the vaults.
    They could do Yesshows: Ultimate Edition with a complete recording of every concert represented on the original album. That would cover 76-78 really nicely.

But what I would most like to see would be a full length concert released from the YesWest period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Well apparently Steve actually said on the cruise that they're going to release a Progeny type set from the Union tour and that they have six shows. Politically, it seems a bizarre thing to do considering that a second Union is being denied almost daily. Anyway... So long as I get Denver 1991 with the complete video footage I'm glad!

Well apparently Steve actually said on the cruise that they're going to release a Progeny type set from the Union tour and that they have six shows. Politically, it seems a bizarre thing to do considering that a second Union is being denied almost daily. Anyway... So long as I get Denver 1991 with the complete video footage I'm glad!

that seems a bit superfluous as there really wasn't much change between the gigs on that tour. represented well by the live sets that have been released

I'd love to hear the one off of Close to the Edge tho, that's for sure. Lake Placid I think . . .

and they did Take the Water once or twice, yeah?
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    they did Take the Water once or twice, yeah?
    At least once.

Heh.

2:21, Jon, "no Tony, not yet."
    2:24, Jon, "Okay, now."

First off, this thread should be titled "Two Versions Of YES Touring in 2017!" I am ecstatic that there is so much YES going around. In fact I'm gonna just call them both YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    My guess is that whatever Yes does to commemorate their 50th anniversary will be done with an eye to solidify/legitimize their case as THE Yes. Bringing along a Dean-designed stage would be something that YfARW would be unable to do.
    Why can't they both use Dean designed stages? They're both YES. Won't they both be celebrating their 50th anny's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    I hope they both tour the Relayer album.
    I hope this happens even more so now. They're both calling themselves YES so it shouldn't matter who was or wasn't in the band when the album was released/recorded. Relayer is a YES album, so both YES' should be able to play it. I bet Wakeman has tinkered with the opening of SC and the battle portion of GOD many times over the past 40 years, would love to hear howe he interprets that album. Trevor would have a kick-ass solo on SC and I'm sure Steve would kick his solo in SC up a notch too. Imagine the "Which Jon "cha-cha-cha's" better" thread! I think everyone knows Jon will "cha-cha-cha" better than Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    I'd like each iteration of the band to succeed. Who doesn't?
    THIS. I'm a gonna love them both this summer/fall regardless of the bitching and moaning over who's in which YES and which YES is/isn't the real YES around here. It's all about the music and I've enjoyed all the shows I've seen so far from both YES'. Another reunion would be fitting.
    a second Union is being denied almost daily.
    They denied Geddy was going to perform with them too. Peace on Earth and goodwill to all YES'. We're not getting any younger and this should/could happen still.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yes should call itself Asia featuring Steve Howe.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I am still kind of giddy at this news. I was hoping for Union Lite with Anderson, Howe, Rabin, Wakeman, White and Sherwood, but ARW is the best consolation prize I could possibly get and the rebranding to include the Yes moniker is totally the icing on the cake.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

ARW pre-sales for Trenton and Phila now up. cheapest VIP deal right now is $203 without fees

password is 'BRE'
    The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY added for 9/21. Presale starts tomorrow at noon; HALLOFFAME.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

So long as I get Denver 1991 with the complete video footage I'm glad!
    Denver 1991 came out a long time ago on the Union Live Deluxe Edition. Or maybe it wasn't the complete footage? It looked complete to me but I haven't watched it in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    The holy grail would be a well-recorded show from the solo albums tour if anybody's got one in the vaults.
    I would love that.

that seems a bit superfluous as there really wasn't much change between the gigs on that tour. represented well by the live sets that have been released
    Maybe an early gig, where they played Starship Trooper and City Of Love... I recall both were dropped very early on.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Denver 1991 came out a long time ago on the Union Live Deluxe Edition. Or maybe it wasn't the complete footage? It looked complete to me but I haven't watched it in a few years.
    Yes, it's essentially bonus footage, though. As I recall, the audio could use some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    You'll never stop.... Yesses!
    ...but we could have a jolly good try by just refusing to participate in this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Yes should call itself Asia featuring Steve Howe.
    Asia will be at Yestival, but they won't be at Yestival.