Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Versions of YES touring in 2017?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    In my e-mail moments ago:

2017 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
    YES
    Featuring Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman

Wednesday, October 4
    Orpheum Theatre
    Presale:
    Thu, 4/13 at 10am – Thu, 4/13 at 10pm
    Password: PARTY
    Public On Sale: Fri, 4/14 at 10am

Yes featuring Jon Anderson,Trevor Rabin,Rick Wakeman. Yestival: Yes-Todd Rundgren-Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy. I think we can do this without confusion now.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    was playing the hall of fame some sneaky way to say "well, we were in the yes induction at the hall of fame how are we not yes?" or something to that degree? maybe steve should have brought some legal documents for them to sign before the ceremony.
    If this ever goes to court, I bet ARW will use that argument as evidence.

So, at this point I'm convinced that the best way forward is if Moon Safari can somehow use the fact that they kind of used to be the Syn to argue that that kind of makes them Yes and stake a claim on the name, which would result in the best "Yes" album in decades!

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar

Such a clusterf*ck these musicians and their band politics turned out to be.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Maybe Kaye and David could get together and tour as Yes or the Platters or something.

Ember
    Their first time in Philly, ARW played the Keswick, a popular if somewhat ramshackle venue in the suburbs. Seats 1300, and I don't think it sold out.

This time, on October 1, they're booked into Verizon Hall at the Kimmel Center, arguably Philadelphia's most prestigious venue. It's where the Philadelphia Orchestra plays; seats 2500.

Meanwhile, two months earlier in August, Yestival will play the legendary Tower Theater, a 3000-seat venue just over the city line.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Their first time in Philly, ARW played the Keswick, a popular if somewhat ramshackle venue in the suburbs. Seats 1300, and I don't think it sold out.

This time, on October 1, they're booked into Verizon Hall at the Kimmel Center, arguably Philadelphia's most prestigious venue. It's where the Philadelphia Orchestra plays; seats 2500.

Meanwhile, two months earlier in August, Yestival will play the legendary Tower Theater, a 3000-seat venue just over the city line.

YARW tickets for the Verizon show are on sale tomorrow at 10:00AM

ideally I'd like to wait for the setlist nut I'll probably bite on a ticket. most likely a cheaper selection
    2trevorsforlife

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    YARW tickets for the Verizon show are on sale tomorrow at 10:00AM

ideally I'd like to wait for the setlist nut I'll probably bite on a ticket. most likely a cheaper selection
    I'll be hiking in Maine in October. Just as glad I don't have to worry about whether to buy a ticket, although I'd be very interested to see how ARW has tightened up in a year (Rabin particularly did not yet have his "stage legs" when I saw them at the Keswick). And I woudn't want to see essentially the same setlist, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Maybe Kaye and David could get together and tour as Yes or the Platters or something.
    Tony KaYE'S Band. There.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'll be hiking in Maine in October. Just as glad I don't have to worry about whether to buy a ticket, although I'd be very interested to see how ARW has tightened up in a year (Rabin particularly did not yet have his "stage legs" when I saw them at the Keswick). And I woudn't want to see essentially the same setlist, either.

I thought the Keswick show was a little standard for sure

I also don't think that this booking will sell out, 'Yes' added nomenclature or not. possible that they booked this larger venue for Larry as an ego reward. it still kinda creeps me out that he gets such a public display on their publicity as part of this "legendary" endeavor. lots music business-y stuff going on here. I want to see more creative music stuff sooner than later. put out a digital single or something
    Last edited by helix; 04-11-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    lots music business-y stuff going on here.
    Yeppers. That's what gives the whole ARW endeavor such a foul odor to me.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Well, now that has been settled maybe RW can chill out a bit on that intro to Awaken and approach it with the light touch he displayed on the album. Is he capable? It's nearly as unpalatable as TR's piano opening to AYAI. GD is not quite there either. Maybe a call to TB or IK is in order?

And the day before the YFARW show at Verizon Hall Philly show, they are playing up the road a bit at the home of the 2002-3 Nearfest: the 1800-seat Trenton War Memorial. I'm betting they are trying for slightly larger venues banking on the hall of fame exposure and the name change.

Does anyone know the presale code for YES feat. ARW, for the Toronto show at Massey Hall that goes on sale tomorrow?

Thanks,
    neil

Here in Baltimore, the Ticketmaster link for Yestival features a photo of ARW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    Here in Baltimore, the Ticketmaster link for Yestival features a photo of ARW!!!

Same here.
    b83c9bd8-06b7-483b-91d5-2d0e70862663_384491_CUSTOM.jpg
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    That right there might give Steve and co. grounds to file some kind of cease and desist.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    That right there might give Steve and co. grounds to file some kind of cease and desist.
    Unless it helps them sell more tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Unless it helps them sell more tickets!
    That would be wonderfully ironic!

Aren't John Lees' Yes & Yes through the eyes of Les Holroyd still touring?
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!