Thread: Eric Clapton's Health

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Eric Clapton's Health

Hopefully he bounces back:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ronchitis.html

A friend saw him in NYC just a few days ago, it seems like the show was fine.

He has other issues too. Neuropathy is at the top of the list. It's causing pain and numbness in his extremities.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    He has other issues too. Neuropathy is at the top of the list. It's causing pain and numbness in his extremities.

Bill
    I have this condition in my right hand. It occurs as a result of numerous things. It is more common with diabetics. Long term alcohol abuse (as is common with many Rock icons) can also cause it. It also is a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome (which I have).

Regardless, it makes playing guitar very difficult, even in the picking hand. The muscle memory that guitarists develop is dependent on the the person being able to feel what they are doing.
    When numbness sets i, the brain has to compensate in other ways, which is almost ike having to re-learn the instrument.

It can be very depressing losing that ability that has been a part of your life for a long time.

I hate to say it, but Eric has a LOT of mileage on him. Many other musicians would have ODed from touring and recording as much as he has.
    It would not disturb me at all if he went ahead and retired and spent the rest of his days enjoying life in other ways. I'd say he has earned the rest.

Considering what Eric was like in the early 70s, he's lucky to be alive. He's living on borrowed time and I'm guessing he realizes that.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"