Thread: Roger Waters On The Big Interview w/Dan Rather

Roger Waters On The Big Interview w/Dan Rather

Dan Rather's hour-long interview w/RW debuts on AXS TV at 8:00pm EST next Tuesday April 4th (7:00pm here in the heartland).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Dan Rather's hour-long interview w/RW debuts on AXS TV at 8:00pm EST next Tuesday April 4th (7:00pm here in the heartland).
    America's Dairyland

They're airing a 10 minute Sneak Peak starting tomorrow.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 03-30-2017 at 07:37 PM.

That should be good. My only problem with this series is that Dan Rather, who I like, really doesn't know the industry well enough to conduct insightful interviews with musicians. Even though he was in the trenches back in the day, he comes off as an outsider.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    That should be good. My only problem with this series is that Dan Rather, who I like, really doesn't know the industry well enough to conduct insightful interviews with musicians. Even though he was in the trenches back in the day, he comes off as an outsider.
    Rather is and always has been a country fan and I think his interviews with country oriented artists show a bit more insight than with the rock n rollers. That being said, I still really enjoy this series, and think he has conducted some very interesting interviews over the course of it. I will definitely set my DVR for the Waters interview.

Maybe they'll discuss Floyd fan John Kasich.

I enjoyed the interview very much. Too much politics, not enough music during the interview.
    I suppose I should have expected that. The hour went by extremely fast. Very well done.
    Maybe I missed it, but I wonder where that interview was conducted? Looked like an old, very ornate bar.

Jon Neudorf
    Was there any talk about the new album?

Yes, I didn't know it was his first solo record in 25 years .He mentioned he had a guitar in his hotel room during the Wall tour and a lot of music
    for the record came from ideas and thoughts written on a "legal pad" during that time.

BTW, he looks great for being 73 years old. With the passing of so many of our musical heroes lately, it was nice to see him look so lean and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by the illusionist View Post
    I didn't know it was his first solo record in 25 years .
    That's because it's not. "Ça Ira" was released 12 years ago.

Has this been posted anywhere?

Watched the interview last night and really enjoyed it. Yes, it was more social / politics than music, but I still thought Rather did a nice job with it.

Is there a way to see the whole interview?