Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's the ending?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Wait, what are we talking about here? What tone generator? Are you talking about that single tone that lasts for a few seconds at the end of Attahk, kinda like a hidden track? That's on some of the other records too? It's not on any of the versions I've ever heard.
    I think its on several, but I cant remember, and haven't checked.
    On the LP it continues forever (untill you raise the pickup).

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Every track on Calling All Stations.
    Lol!

But that's always made me wonder, when you listen to a solo fade out like that, say on Comfortably Numb, for instance, one wonders how long the solo is the master tape. For instance, did Gilmour wail for another couple minutes on that one, and Waters said "Right, this song doesn't really need to be 8 minutes long), or is there just another few seconds before the take ended? There's lots of tunes you I ask about that. .
    If it exists, I'd love to hear that. I'll probably wake up with that running through my mental jukebox and I'd love to hear that one played through, not unlike Mr. Crowley from Ozzy. I don't remember what the Tribute album had recorded but that studio version leaves us wanting more.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    If it exists, I'd love to hear that. I'll probably wake up with that running through my mental jukebox and I'd love to hear that one played through, not unlike Mr. Crowley from Ozzy. I don't remember what the Tribute album had recorded but that studio version leaves us wanting more.
    THere's a lot of songs where I've wanted to hear what happens after the fade out. I mentioned Trevor Rabin's Getting To Know You Better earlier, as one example, would love to know if that solo actually went on for a bit, or did the take end like 10 or 20 seconds later.

I remember hearing an alternate mix of I Would Have Waited Forever from Union, which goes on for another minute and a half or so over the released version. Of course, there's no way of knowing if that's Howe or Jimmy Haun playing the guitar solo, but even still, it was a shame they couldn't use the full take on Union.

On the remastered edition of Machine Head, Roger Glover remixed several of the songs, so that the ones that faded out were allowed to run their course, with Smoke On The Water finds them playing the same coda that's on the Made In Japan version of the song.

I read once that on the studio version of the Grateful Dead song Truckin', apparently, the song only goes on for just a bit longer after the fade out, with them sort of doing a half assed segue into The Frozen Logger (I think that's the tune), before the take just sort of collapses. So no great extended Jerry solo in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I think its on several, but I cant remember, and haven't checked.
    On the LP it continues forever (untill you raise the pickup).
    Locking groove? I get the feeling that Vander wanted that “feeding back condenser microphone” sound on the end of all his albums from MDK through to Attahk, at least, but record labels, mastering engineers and pressing plants had other ideas.

THere's a lot of songs where I've wanted to hear what happens after the fade out.
    The title track to Kraan’s Andy Nogger is very frustrating. You just know the band started cooking after the fadeout!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...