Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lynda Carter - Rock n Roll Fantasy

Cynthia Rhodes. She was married to Richard Marx until a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Cynthia Rhodes. She was married to Richard Marx until a few years ago.

That's right. She was a dancer who appeared in a lot of music videos (one of them being Rosanna by Toto), and then she was also one of the singers in Animotion (I guess replacing the chick who sang on Obsession). She was also in Flashdance and Staying Alive.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    That's right. She was a dancer who appeared in a lot of music videos (one of them being Rosanna by Toto), and then she was also one of the singers in Animotion (I guess replacing the chick who sang on Obsession). She was also in Flashdance and Staying Alive.
    Shit , I'd successfully forgotten about Animotion!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Shit , I'd successfully forgotten about Animotion!
    Obsession is a good song, I always liked it, though I never knew it was co-written by Michael Des Barres (though it made sense that Holly Knight cowrote it, since her fingerprints are all over half the pop hits from that era, supposedly the only person who didn't have a hit with a Holly Knight song was Holly Knight herself).

Obsession is a good song, I always liked it, though I never knew it was co-written by Michael Des Barres (though it made sense that Holly Knight cowrote it, since her fingerprints are all over half the pop hits from that era, supposedly the only person who didn't have a hit with a Holly Knight song was Holly Knight herself).
    She came close with “Hanging on a Heart Attack.” I forgot the name of the band it’s credited to, but Holly sings lead on it.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

SO you've got a soap opera escapee
    Oh come now. Surely you mean future member of the Beach Boys.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

"I Engineer" is a killer track.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    She came close with “Hanging on a Heart Attack.” I forgot the name of the band it’s credited to, but Holly sings lead on it.
    Device, and, actually, I believe Holly was their keyboardist. My recollection is that it was a guy singing lead on the track (and judging from what I see on Wikipedia, I'm gonna guess that would be Paul Engmann, who, ironically, ended up in that same Animotion lineup with Cynthia Rhodes, after Device splitup).

I remember the "everyone's had a hit with a Holly Knight song except Holly Knight" line from when the Device record came out. I think that's kind of how the record company tried to hype it, by enumerating some of the hits she had written.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Oh come now. Surely you mean future member of the Beach Boys.
    I could have also said future Olsen Twins costar, or future Greek yogurt spokesman, or future supermodel ex-husband. But somehow, whenever I see him, I still think of him from General Hospital (though I wasn't even watching General Hospital at the time), and the Nair commercial he was in around the same time.

And if you were watching Full House for any reason other than to ogle Lori Loughlin, you're an idiot.

I could have also said future Olsen Twins costar, or future Greek yogurt spokesman, or future supermodel ex-husband. But somehow, whenever I see him, I still think of him from General Hospital (though I wasn't even watching General Hospital at the time), and the Nair commercial he was in around the same time.

And if you were watching Full House for any reason other than to ogle Lori Loughlin, you're an idiot.
    I first saw John Stamos in General Hospital as the character 'Blackie Parrish'