Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The Struts?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294

    The Struts?

    Curious if anyone here is into this band? I just stumbled upon their album “Everybody Wants” from last year and am totally digging it. Straight up rock n roll with a vocalist that has at least a passing resemblance to Freddie Mercury. Not sure that I have ever seen them mentioned here before. Here is a video clip:


  2. #2
    That's Mr. to you, Sir!! Trane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    in a cosmic jazzy-groove around Brussels
    Posts
    4,216
    They made me think of a slower version of The Ramones at first, but there is a bit of Daltrey/Who in the singer's voice.
    The second track is more Zeppelinesque.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    They made me think of a slower version of The Ramones at first, but there is a bit of Daltrey/Who in the singer's voice.
    The second track is more Zeppelinesque.
    Yea, I can see that. They are definitely retro. I love the whole album. Just something about them.....

    Here is a cool cover of the song "Royals" that they do. Better than the original IMO



    Here is a another slice of pure pop, but a great little song:


  4. #4
    Member davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kentuckiana
    Posts
    268
    I dig them!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I dig them!
    One reviewer said something to the effect that if Queen and Aerosmith had a love child it would come out as The Struts. The album is solid.

  6. #6
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    281
    I missed this thread...9 months later...
    An article in Guitar Player covered the Struts & my curiosity was piqued. Ended up download most of their stuff from iTunes. They’re many cover tunes they do on YouTube. Digging it!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    I missed this thread...9 months later...
    An article in Guitar Player covered the Struts & my curiosity was piqued. Ended up download most of their stuff from iTunes. They’re many cover tunes they do on YouTube. Digging it!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would think they would be about due for a new album. Have not heard much about them lately.

  8. #8
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    281
    They released a single, One Night Only, in 2017. May be their most Queen-like tune?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    They released a single, One Night Only, in 2017. May be their most Queen-like tune?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Somehow I totally missed that. Cool song:


  10. #10
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    281
    Have you heard Greta Van Fleet? Michigan based LZ influenced band.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Have you heard Greta Van Fleet? Michigan based LZ influenced band.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, they are from about 90 minutes down the highway from where I live. I have not had the chance to see them live, but they are the biggest thing to come out of Michigan in a long time. They played about 45 minutes from me a couple of weeks ago, and the show was sold out before I even knew about it. People I know who went said they were great.

  12. #12
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    281
    Their music pares well with the Struts!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Their music pares well with the Struts!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree!

  14. #14
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    281
    New Struts tune has been released.

    “Body Talks”




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    281
    https://youtu.be/98IFt7g2CNk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    New Struts tune has been released.

    “Body Talks”




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They seem to be way overdue for a new album. I have tix to see them for the first time in a club in July.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,514
    Dave Grohl stated in a recent interview that The Struts were the best band ever to open for Foo Fighters.
    Strong words considering they took Biffy Clyro on the road a couple years back...
    Prog's Not Dead

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Dave Grohl stated in a recent interview that The Struts were the best band ever to open for Foo Fighters.
    Strong words considering they took Biffy Clyro on the road a couple years back...
    They have taken quite a few fairly well known acts out on the road with them over the years, so it is high praise. On the current tour the Foo's have been bringing Luke out to perform "Under Pressure" with them:


  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    New song from The Struts. If this were 1975 this band would be huge.


  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    New Struts coming in October. Here is the first single:


  21. #21
    good stuff!
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •