Thread: Modern English- "Take Me To The Trees"

Modern English- "Take Me To The Trees"

Any Modern English fans here? They have a new album out! I have listened to it quite a few times and love it. I have to say that this release is not for fans that want more songs like "I'll Melt With You." It reminds me a lot of their first album called "Mesh & Lace." There is a noticeable Psychedelic rock influence as well. It is kind of a big deal that the current band lineup is all the original members. So I like it and recommend this album to fans of 80s New Wave/Alternative rock. I am actually seeing them twice this summer as well. I am seeing them during April 2017 at a small club in Philadelphia called Johnny Brendas. After that, I will be traveling to Atlantic City during August 2017 to attend the Retro Futura 80s nostalgia festival that include appearances from Howard Jones, The English Beat, Men Without Hats, Paul Young, and Katrina (of the waves).

Library Jon

thanks for the heads up...i will order today!

Modern English posted on their Face Book page today that due a serious illness requiring surgery with the guitar player Gary, The band has had to cancel their Spring tour. Let's hope that everything goes well and the band gets back to touring asap.

Library Jon

I wasn't aware of the new album but always enjoyed them back in the day. They hail from my hometown, so I feel an affinity. They headlined a local free festival about 5 years ago, it was good to relive those memories again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought the album after reading about it here and am really digging it.

The entire album is on YouTube for those who want to check it out before buying...