Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada season 5

Big Brother Canada season 5

The official BB Canada season 5 thread is here!

It's like Big Brother US, but Canadians are much more subtle with their backstabbing, eh.

And as an added bonus the show is hosted by the charming, Arisa Cox. No Chenbot.

You know I'm in!

I figured out how to watch it online.

I just have to pretend to be in Canada (easy to do).

So far, episodes 1 and 2 are available.
    Regards,

Duncan

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'm in, eh? I'll check in every Monday as we'll be watching the entire week over the weekend.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I figured out how to watch it online.

So far, episodes 1 and 2 are available.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I'm in, eh? I'll check in every Monday as we'll be watching the entire week over the weekend.
    Totally, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Welcome to Canada, Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I'm in, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    Totally, eh!
    As the token Canuck in this thread, am I going to have to put up with this all season? LOL!

Game talk: the Newbies really are dumb. I have no doubt that one of the repeat players is going to win as the newbies vote themselves out one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    As the token Canuck in this thread, am I going to have to put up with this all season? LOL!
    It's aboot time you put an end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    It's aboot time you put an end to it.
    I don't get the aboot thing. I've never met a Canadian who says that. We say abowt. The bow being like bow down, not bow tie.

I don't get the aboot thing. I've never met a Canadian who says that. We say abowt. The bow being like bow down, not bow tie.
    BBCan winner John said it as aboot. I believe Jared also pronounced it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    BBCan winner John said it as aboot. I believe Jared also pronounced it like that.
    John's a Newfie. Newfie's have their own language. They don't talk like the rest of us.

I don't recall Jared talking like that.

P.S. A Newfie is someone from Newfoundland. Beautiful place. I highly recommend a visit.

No Canadians can hear the "aboot" thing.

No Americans can miss the "aboot" thing.
    Regards,

Duncan

LOL! I'd post a soundbyte of me saying about if I knew how.

Okay, here we go. This video was released by Molson Canadian in 2000. Please refer to the 23(ish) second mark.

I rest my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

I don't know how I never noticed this before, but Ika is from my hood. We're both from Thornhill, ON. Thornhill is not a very big area. I'd love to know exactly where she lives! We could be neighbours!

Backwards week! This should be interesting.

The whole house making the nominations could be very revealing about who is low man on the totem pole. And the HOH will have the sole vote for eviction. I wonder how many people are going to throw the HOH comp? And I wonder if the nominees get to complete for HOH?

Ok, we binged 2 weeks in 1 day. Not happy that Dallie and Cassie are out as they are interesting players. So far, I'm underwhelmed, but I'm sure it'll pick up steam. I want to see more Canada twists.

I really liked Cass in the last season. This season I thought that she acting too much. Instead of playing the game, she was playing for the camera. Although I like her, I was starting to find it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I want to see more Canada twists.
    The first two seasons were very "Canadian". Lots of Canadian references in the challenges and the players were indicative of what you would expect from a stereotypical Canadian personality. (polite, working together, not a lot of back-stabbing).

The last two seasons lost that Canadian feel IMO. I don't know if it's the production or the cast that they choose (probably a bit of both), but I find that BBCan is losing it's Canadian charm and becoming much more like the American version. Hold it in the summer, put the girls in bikinis, and it would be hard to tell the difference between BBUS and BBCan.

Season One is still my favourite.

I kept waiting for Arissa to say "it's backwards week so the nominiees are safe and, Demetres, you must evict one of the other houseguests".

THAT would have been epic.

Yeah, not enough twists this season. That would've indeed been epic. Now, all of the interesting players are gone.

I'm curious. Do you think that BBUS would ever air two men making out?

I just caught up on this week's episodes. See ya Neda. I hope the door hit you on the way out!

I didn't like her the first time she played and I definately didn't like her this time. She's a mean girl. I was hoping that she would get booted the second her imunity was up, and I wasn't disappointed.

Oh damn!!! I just caught up, also!! Woah!! Ika has won me over a bit this time out. Way to go! Hasta la vista Neda! I didn't mind her on her original season -- enough that I follow her on Twitter. This time, she rubbed me wrong from the get-go with the way she was so fake towards Cassandra. Yes, she became more of a mean girl than ever before.

I had hoped that Emily would have stayed. Emily would have been a good contender against any of the remaining women, Neda included. I am confident that Dillon will ruffle some things there. It will be interesting because I feel the alliances will be reset now. Even if they try to remain together, I think there are pairs there that will run together. Bruno will stay with Kevin for sure. Ika has Demitrius. Will has Dre. I would like to see Dillon be a trio with Kevin/Bruno. I didn't catch tonight's show, so I don't know what has transpired or if I'm even close with this.

I'm excited now that this Neda eviction has gone down.

I am disappointed that the Canadian flavor seems to be gone. I know we discussed this earlier. Bring back Marcia the Moose!!! By the way, is that game show host from a Canadian show? I remember he has been a guest in a comp or two in previous season(s).

Hey ForeverAutumn...about the two guys kissing. I doubt U.S. would air that. Although, they might have for ratings and controversy as it would probably get some headlines -- even if it were just from gossip sites like TMZ. The bigger question I have about that: is Kevin gay/bi?? If you recall, in his original season he was with Pillar. That relationship carried on outside of the house. I know they remained friends after it fizzled. When I saw Kevin getting frisky with William, my head was blown (pun slightly intended)

Gruno, the show is Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. So you didn't miss anything last night. It's on tonight (although hockey will be on at my house so I won't see it tonight).

Re: Kevin. I have no idea! I was surprised when he started being all flirty with both Gary and Will.

Gruno, the show is Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. So you didn't miss anything last night.
    D'oh! I forgot the schedule.

I have so many shows in rotation at the moment. I watch them based on the time the season started. The season is coming to an end for MTV's The Challenge, so that will free up some time to get BBCan in there. Naked And Afraid XL starts next Sunday, so that will be the one I have to keep saved for a while. Hey, I still have all episodes of The Amazing Race that I have to get into!