Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update on the Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post

Date: ‪January 16, 2020‬ (Thu) Place: Old World Village Festival Hall 7561 Center Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 (~20 min from NAMM) Time: Doors open ‪7:00 pm‬/ screening ‪at 8:00 pm‬ Admission fee: $10 For Tickets: https://keithemersonfilm.brownpapertickets.com/

The much-awaited screening of the live footage of The ‪Official Keith Emerson‬ Tribute Concert that was held on May 28, 2016 - a little over two months after his death on March 11, 2016.
    Why is this show not shown on the Old Village calendar or any where on their site?
    Art is parasitic on life, just as criticism is parasitic on art.
    Harry S Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Why is this show not shown on the Old Village calendar or any where on their site?
    Also, wasn’t this film released on Blu-ray/DVD?
    Harry S Truman

Also, wasn’t this film released on Blu-ray/DVD?
    no, it hasn't been released yet.
    But this is a good sign that it eventually will be.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    no, it hasn't been released yet.
    But this is a good sign that it eventually will be.
    Have you seen this link?
    Harry S Truman

Have you seen this link?
    That is awesome.
    Keith's wife was on Dave Kerzner's Facebook page about a year or so ago. She knows Dave from when Dave's company Sonic Elements sampled Keith and his Moog Modular for a sample set.
    When Dave released his first solo album New World, Keith featured it and promoted it on his radio show, so they had a friendship for some time.
    Anyway, I made mention of how frustrating it was they hadn't released the DVD yet and she responded she also was sad.
    So, it doesn't sound like Keith's Estate but LAWYERS LAWYERS LAWYERS!! holding up dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Thanks for the link, eventually people will want their piece of the pie bad enough and it will get done!!!
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

Have you seen this link?
    That was the tribute in England, with an orchestra. The one that is being promoted here is the concert in L.A. that Marc Bonilla organized, which is a rock show.

And yes, from my sources, a commercial release is to follow.

Can’t wait for this to be released! Hope there’s a Blu-ray version coming!
    So much music....so little time....

Have you seen this link?
    That was the show in Birmingham, England on July 28, 2017. No professional recording was made for that show. There is a fan recording on Audiomack

This is film is from the El Rey in Los Angeles on May 28, 2016. This show was professionally recorded. This screening is to help raise money for the production of the DVD. Here is a trailer for this film
    Last edited by rminsk; 1 Week Ago at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So, it doesn't sound like Keith's Estate but LAWYERS LAWYERS LAWYERS!! holding up dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Thanks for the link, eventually people will want their piece of the pie bad enough and it will get done!!!
    Especially when all the proceeds after production costs are going to charity. I know all the musicians that night signed a release allowing the use of the recording.

How about doing a Kickstarter (or similar) for this? I'm sure you'd get plenty of interest. I'm ready to give you my money after seeing that trailer. With all the delays I know some people might be hesitant (see Anderson-Ponty) but if you could include an "official bootleg" rough edit of the audio as an immediate download as part of the packages that would entice more people (including myself). It would show that all the legal nonsense is sorted out and that you just need to cover the costs to produce the video. And yes, a Blu-ray is a must.