Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=243716804136648

Todays reunion event. It is live interviews with the artists from the show.

I can't figure out how to order the HD digital download that will be released on 11 March. I went to the Cherry Red records website, but I only see information for the physical product (DVD/CD). Does anyone have info on how to purchase the digital release?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding and this will be some sort of streaming release like from Amazon Prime?

From what I understand is the digital download will be part of the DVD/CD package.

Been waiting for this one. Thanks.

Pre ordered when Marc Bonilla posted on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rapidfirerob; 03-11-2021 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I can't figure out how to order the HD digital download that will be released on 11 March. I went to the Cherry Red records website, but I only see information for the physical product (DVD/CD). Does anyone have info on how to purchase the digital release?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding and this will be some sort of streaming release like from Amazon Prime?
    Where did you see this? It's March 11 and I checked my usual digital sources (including Amazon) and didn't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Where did you see this? It's March 11 and I checked my usual digital sources (including Amazon) and didn't see anything.
    I thought that this was mentioned in the Youtube event last week. But, I can't find any other confirmation of this "high resolution digital release" on any website. rminsk suggested (above) that it was perhaps a benefit of the physical product purchase.

Ok - so, I got this in the post today.

And, I'd like to say that, I probably didn't have overly high expectations...

...but it's superb. Really, really, superb.

The sound quality on both dvd & cds is excellent, the camera work & editing is unobtrusive & on point...

But most of all, the gig is brilliant - everyone really does a fantastic job, & there are so many highlights. For starters - the smile during the Endless Enigma Fugue when the crowd go crazy, Tank, Jobson utterly nailing the moog solo for Lucky Man (& Baxter on the same tune), Philippe Saise, finishing the main set with two minutes of The Great Gates.

The joy of the musicians is palpable, the variety of the evocations of Emerson's own playing is extraordinary (Brian Auger!). Most of all - the *spirit*.

I bought this, assuming I'd watch it once. But it's one I'll be going back to, often.

A word, finally, for Bonilla - he did an extraordinary thing for Emerson - in a selfless, but also brilliant, way.

Still can't find it. Just a CD with an Emerson and Lake tribute, which also looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post

The sound quality on both dvd & cds is excellent, the camera work & editing is unobtrusive & on point...

But most of all, the gig is brilliant - everyone really does a fantastic job, & there are so many highlights. For starters - the smile during the Endless Enigma Fugue when the crowd go crazy, Tank, Jobson utterly nailing the moog solo for Lucky Man (& Baxter on the same tune), Philippe Saise, finishing the main set with two minutes of The Great Gates.

The joy of the musicians is palpable, the variety of the evocations of Emerson's own playing is extraordinary (Brian Auger!). Most of all - the *spirit*.

I bought this, assuming I'd watch it once. But it's one I'll be going back to, often.

A word, finally, for Bonilla - he did an extraordinary thing for Emerson - in a selfless, but also brilliant, way.
    Did anyone do Toccata?
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Did anyone do Toccata?
    Ah - sadly, no.

And The Nice are pretty much airbrushed out of the whole thing (no pictures of Emerson with Jackson, Davison or O'List) - even to the extent of Auger talking about Brubeck's Blue Rondo, as if this had never been a song The Nice adapted...

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Still can't find it. Just a CD with an Emerson and Lake tribute, which also looks interesting.
    https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...-2dvd-edition/

Thanks, per anporth, for your latest post that made it so enticing and for the link that made it so easy to purchase!
    Thanks, forum, for the headup and its many reminders!
    Hervé

Talked to Marc Bonilla and the high definition digital download should be available soon. It will come with the concert and the DVD extras in high definition and some other features.
    Last edited by rminsk; 03-20-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    Talked to Marc Bonilla and the high definition digital download should be available soon. It will come with the concert and the DVD extras in high definition and some other add features.
    Thanks for this update. I looked around the web earlier today and could not find a way to order the HD download. It's good to hear that this is still in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post

That's the attraction. The spirit and love are what make it worthwhile for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Finally found the set on Amazon.
    Yes, with April 16 delivery date, at the earliest.
    Fanfare For The Uncommon Man: Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert / Various https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QBRJ9J4...B3WJ8RM1P7SZNV

Please order from https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...-2dvd-edition/. All the proceeds go to charity. Amazon takes a huge cut. Cherry Red is the label and will ship them before Amazon.

Alas payments with Amazon are easier. I don't do Paypal and since the UK isn't part of the EU anymore, things might cause more problems.

Will there be a blu-ray edition or is this strictly DVD only?

Ordered.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Ordered.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I watched this tonight with my wife. It was much better than I hoped for. Surpassed expectations.