Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post

Date: ‪January 16, 2020‬ (Thu) Place: Old World Village Festival Hall 7561 Center Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 (~20 min from NAMM) Time: Doors open ‪7:00 pm‬/ screening ‪at 8:00 pm‬ Admission fee: $10 For Tickets: https://keithemersonfilm.brownpapertickets.com/

The much-awaited screening of the live footage of The ‪Official Keith Emerson‬ Tribute Concert that was held on May 28, 2016 - a little over two months after his death on March 11, 2016.
    Why is this show not shown on the Old Village calendar or any where on their site?
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Why is this show not shown on the Old Village calendar or any where on their site?
    Also, wasn’t this film released on Blu-ray/DVD?

Also, wasn’t this film released on Blu-ray/DVD?
    no, it hasn't been released yet.
    But this is a good sign that it eventually will be.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    no, it hasn't been released yet.
    But this is a good sign that it eventually will be.
    Have you seen this link?

Have you seen this link?
    That is awesome.
    Keith's wife was on Dave Kerzner's Facebook page about a year or so ago. She knows Dave from when Dave's company Sonic Elements sampled Keith and his Moog Modular for a sample set.
    When Dave released his first solo album New World, Keith featured it and promoted it on his radio show, so they had a friendship for some time.
    Anyway, I made mention of how frustrating it was they hadn't released the DVD yet and she responded she also was sad.
    So, it doesn't sound like Keith's Estate but LAWYERS LAWYERS LAWYERS!! holding up dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Thanks for the link, eventually people will want their piece of the pie bad enough and it will get done!!!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

Have you seen this link?
    That was the tribute in England, with an orchestra. The one that is being promoted here is the concert in L.A. that Marc Bonilla organized, which is a rock show.

And yes, from my sources, a commercial release is to follow.

Can’t wait for this to be released! Hope there’s a Blu-ray version coming!
    So much music....so little time....

Have you seen this link?
    That was the show in Birmingham, England on July 28, 2017. No professional recording was made for that show. There is a fan recording on Audiomack

This is film is from the El Rey in Los Angeles on May 28, 2016. This show was professionally recorded. This screening is to help raise money for the production of the DVD. Here is a trailer for this film
    Last edited by rminsk; 01-14-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So, it doesn't sound like Keith's Estate but LAWYERS LAWYERS LAWYERS!! holding up dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Thanks for the link, eventually people will want their piece of the pie bad enough and it will get done!!!
    Especially when all the proceeds after production costs are going to charity. I know all the musicians that night signed a release allowing the use of the recording.

How about doing a Kickstarter (or similar) for this? I'm sure you'd get plenty of interest. I'm ready to give you my money after seeing that trailer. With all the delays I know some people might be hesitant (see Anderson-Ponty) but if you could include an "official bootleg" rough edit of the audio as an immediate download as part of the packages that would entice more people (including myself). It would show that all the legal nonsense is sorted out and that you just need to cover the costs to produce the video. And yes, a Blu-ray is a must.

Got this message today:

For Immediate Release

All-Star Keith Emerson Tribute Concert Release Announced

Los Angeles, CA - In celebration of Keith Emerson's 76th birthday, The Keith Emerson Estate and Cherry Red Records announce the long-awaited release of The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert on March 11, 2021 (the 5th anniversary of Keith's passing). This official 3-disc set brings you the historical 2016 tribute show in Los Angeles featuring a once-in-a-lifetime lineup of musical luminaries performing music from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Nice, Emerson, Lake & Powell, The Keith Emerson Band and the Three Fates Project.

The 2 1/2 - hour concert film features many stellar performances by over two dozen prominent artists in rock, jazz and classical music as well as artist interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, tribute speeches, and a gallery of personal never-before-seen photos from the Emerson estate. The concert will be released on Blu-Ray along with a bonus 2-CD set which features an exclusive audio recording of the show.

Performers include Brian Auger, Eddie Jobson, Jordan Rudess, Steve Lukather, Steve Porcaro, Jeff “Skunk” Baxter, Vinnie Colaiuta, Marc Bonilla, Gregg Bissonnette, CJ Vanston, Troy Luccketta, Rachel Flowers, Terje Mikkelsen, Philippe Saisse, Joe Travers, Travis Davis, Ed Roth, Jonathan Sindelman, Mike Wallace, Mick Mahan, Karma Auger, Rick Livingstone, Kae Matsumoto, Aaron Emerson, Dan Lutz, and Michael Fitzpatrick.

This highly-anticipated concert captures the essence of what made Keith Emerson a pioneer of prog rock, a treasure among his many fans and friends, and a legendary keyboardist and composer with the iconic supergroup Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

“It was a great honor to be asked to play in tribute to not only a friend but a musical giant and hero to us all. I hope he smiles from heaven knowing the spirit this was done in. So many unreal musicians and thanks to Marc for putting it all together like that! RIP Keith. You are so missed...” - Steve Lukather, 2020

All proceeds go to the charity The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation, which was close to Keith’s heart. Artists, crew and all involved have donated their skills and time gratis for this worthy cause, which afflicts thousands of musicians annually.

For more information and updates on the Blu-ray release, please visit:
    www.keithemerson.com
    www.facebook.com/officialkeithemerson
    www.facebook.com/keithemersontributeconcert

About (11/8) time.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Well, that's disappointing...

It appears you don't have
    permission to access this page.
    403 Error. Forbidden.

It took me a while to see the preview. I enjoyed Carl Palmer Legacy tribute with a poor sound so I can only imagine how much I will enjoy this one. March 31! is a long wait!

For me, who am so fortunate to have attended this show, it feels more like 10 years than 5.

Like the trailer announces, it was a "once in a lifetime" event. Maybe it was not a multimedia visual experience like the ELP shows were, but it was a very emotional and memorable event. We need that kind of sentiment now in 2020.
    It felt like a celebration, a party of sorts. While waiting in line outside the El Rey theater, Steve Lukather, Rachel Flowers and Steve Pocaro walk beside the fans building up the excitement.

It was SRO for more than 3 hours for me but sure worth the foot pain afterwards. The moment I entered the theater and scanned both sides of the stage, I noticed the high resolution cameras and always had high hopes for a pro-shot video to be released.

Now finally a release date has been set! To say "auto-buy" is an understatement indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Maybe it was not a multimedia visual experience like the ELP shows were, but it was a very emotional and memorable event. We need that kind of sentiment now in 2020.
    We do! Unfortunately, the release doesn't come out until Mar 2021!

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Great there's finally a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    We do! Unfortunately, the release doesn't come out until Mar 2021!

Henry
    Yes, until 2021. But the sentiment of "hope" is similar to the one humanity has about having a covid prevention vaccine.

We don't have it right now but we all cling to the hope that in 2021 a global scale vaccination campaign will become a reality.

Just like we will have the Emerson tribute DVD that of course is a non-priority as is our survival.

That is the kind of sentiment of anticipation I was referring to, now that we have a release date. But will have to wait until 2021.
    Keith Emerson - Bayou place May 2010 - Tribute Concert El Rey Los Angeles May 2016
    Pink Floyd - Olympic Stadium, July 77 - Yankee Stadium, NY Jun 94
    Jethro Tull - Montreal Forum, Jun 73 - LA Forum, Nov 78
    Rush - Montreal Forum, July 84 - Toyota Ctr, Houston, TX May 2015
    Genesis - Montreal Forum, December 74 - Pepsi Arena, Denver Oct 2007
    King Crimson - Spectrum Montreal, July 84 - Videotron Ctr Quebec July 2017
    UK & IQ at Progstock Festival - UCPAC Center - Rahway NJ - Oct 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Yes, until 2021. But the sentiment of "hope" is similar to the one humanity has about having a covid prevention vaccine.

We don't have it right now but we all cling to the hope that in 2021 a global scale vaccination campaign will become a reality.

Just like we will have the Emerson tribute DVD that of course is a non-priority as is our survival.

That is the kind of sentiment of anticipation I was referring to, now that we have a release date. But will have to wait until 2021.
    Indeed. Hope is good. I hope we'll have a vaccine sooner than the DVD though!

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Great news! Finally!

THIS FRIDAY, MARCH 5 at 12:00 pm PST (USA) / 8:00 pm GMT (UK)

Join for an up-close-and-personal reunion with the artists who performed in The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert at the famed El Rey Theater in Los Angeles in May of 2016 celebrating the life and music of legendary keyboardist/composer Keith Emerson.
    This special event will be hosted by Mark Thompson (Radio Hall of Famers Mark & Brian Show) and will give fans the opportunity to hear these artists’ stories and personal experiences working with Keith and to see sneak previews from the upcoming Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD slated for worldwide release on March 11.

The event will be free to watch on www.alerttheglobe.com and Facebook Live.

Guests will include: Jordan Rudess, Steve Porcaro, Gregg Bissonette, Brian Auger, Karma Auger, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston, Marc Bonilla, Philippe Saisse, Troy Luccketta, Aaron Emerson, Jonathan Sindelman, Rachel Flowers, Joe Travers, Terje Mikkelsen, Ed Roth, Mike Wallace, Mick Mahan, Rick Livingstone, Travis Davis, Mari Kawaguchi, and album cover artist Jerry LoFaro.

----

The DVD/CD Concert Set will be digitally released in HD on March 11, 2021. DVD copies will be available starting March 19, 2021. The expanded 4-disc set will include not only the concert but also interviews with the artists, tribute speeches, and an extensive photo gallery with many never-before-seen photos from the Emerson estate.
    Pre-orders available at: Cherry Red Records
    All proceeds from the DVD will be donated to the Keith Emerson Fund at the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation to increase awareness of this debilitating disease. To find out more information or to make a donation to the charity https://dystonia-foundation.org/frie...-emerson-fund/

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post

THIS FRIDAY, MARCH 5 at 12:00 pm PST (USA) / 8:00 pm GMT (UK)

Join for an up-close-and-personal reunion with the artists who performed in The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert at the famed El Rey Theater in Los Angeles in May of 2016 celebrating the life and music of legendary keyboardist/composer Keith Emerson.
    This special event will be hosted by Mark Thompson (Radio Hall of Famers Mark & Brian Show) and will give fans the opportunity to hear these artists’ stories and personal experiences working with Keith and to see sneak previews from the upcoming Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD slated for worldwide release on March 11.

The event will be free to watch on www.alerttheglobe.com and Facebook Live.

Guests will include: Jordan Rudess, Steve Porcaro, Gregg Bissonette, Brian Auger, Karma Auger, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston, Marc Bonilla, Philippe Saisse, Troy Luccketta, Aaron Emerson, Jonathan Sindelman, Rachel Flowers, Joe Travers, Terje Mikkelsen, Ed Roth, Mike Wallace, Mick Mahan, Rick Livingstone, Travis Davis, Mari Kawaguchi, and album cover artist Jerry LoFaro.
    Will this event be available to watch on youtube later? I won't be able to watch it live today, rats! :-(
    Keith Emerson - Bayou place May 2010 - Tribute Concert El Rey Los Angeles May 2016
    Pink Floyd - Olympic Stadium, July 77 - Yankee Stadium, NY Jun 94
    Jethro Tull - Montreal Forum, Jun 73 - LA Forum, Nov 78
    Rush - Montreal Forum, July 84 - Toyota Ctr, Houston, TX May 2015
    Genesis - Montreal Forum, December 74 - Pepsi Arena, Denver Oct 2007
    King Crimson - Spectrum Montreal, July 84 - Videotron Ctr Quebec July 2017
    UK & IQ at Progstock Festival - UCPAC Center - Rahway NJ - Oct 2018-19

If you sign up you can see the video but you can't advance for the actual concert right now. People are talking, still waiting... for the good stuff. I'll buy the dvd anyway

Welp, I placed my order for the package (2 DVD + 2 CD).

The video streaming on alertTheGlobe.com seems to be a bit like PBS a promotion with clips of songs and mostly interviews.