Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uncredited Vocalists

Quote Originally Posted by kayfabe58 View Post
    As far as Horslips...aside from the weird female vocals on certain tracks (what they are I can't tell you)
    Fean sang more than most would think...he was the lower heavy voice where O Connor was the most lyrical Irish voice...Barry was the lighter personal voice..I always preferred OConnor...
    Yeah, there was no credit for those rare female backing vocals. Since I didn't think Johnny Fean was one of the singers, I thought perhaps that was him doing a falsetto. But I was so surprised to see he was one of the main voices and probably had more lead roles than Barry or Charles.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Eric Clapton wasn't credited with playing guitar on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Likewise, George Harrison wasn't credited with playing on Cream's Badge, either. In fact, I believe there's a long list of pseudonyms used by the various Beatles when they were invited to play on other people's records, for legal reasons, I guess.
    It got fairly ridiculous on the Splinter album, on which George uses half a dozen pseudonyms, most of them transpositions/anagrams/spoonerisms of his own name.

Quote Originally Posted by kayfabe58 View Post
    As far as Horslips...aside from the weird female vocals on certain tracks (what they are I can't tell you)
    “More Than You Can Chew” and “Sunburst,” off the top of my head. At least one song off of The Unfortunate Cup of Tea, too. And no, I have no idea who the mystery ladies are.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    It got fairly ridiculous on the Splinter album, on which George uses half a dozen pseudonyms, most of them transpositions/anagrams/spoonerisms of his own name.
    If I recall right, John Lennon also had multiple pseudonyms in the Walls and Bridges credits around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    If I recall right, John Lennon also had multiple pseudonyms in the Walls and Bridges credits around the same time.
    Elvis Costello has given himself a number of bizarre pseudonyms in his own credits over the years, such as Napoleon Dynamite, The Imposter, Little Hands of Concrete (an obtuse allusion to flamenco guitarist Manitas de Plata), and so on.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Elvis Costello has given himself a number of bizarre pseudonyms in his own credits over the years, such as Napoleon Dynamite, The Imposter, Little Hands of Concrete (an obtuse allusion to flamenco guitarist Manitas de Plata), and so on.
    Speaking of Elvis Costello and "uncredited musicians", teh backing band on his first album was an American group called Clover, which included, among others, future Doobie Brothers guitarist John McFee and future Huey Lewis And The News keyboardist Sean Hopper (Huey himself was also a member of Clover, but he didn't play on My Aim Is True). I read an interview with McFee where he said that there was some musicians' union regulation that stipulated that if they had been credited, Stiff Records would have had to pay them union scale, same as you'd pay session musicians, which was apparently beyond their budgetary limitations at the time.

actually Roger Taylor Of Queen provided background vocals on Kansas' Vinyl Confessions, not DM.