Thread: Jeff Sipe, aka Apt. Q-258

Jeff Sipe, aka Apt. Q-258

I think I finally figured out where Jeff Sipe got his pseudonym from. While looking for info on Adrian Belew on Wikipedia, I found out there's a Wiki page for Prophet Omega. Prophet Omega was a radio evangelist who broadcast from the Nashville area during the 70's, and who was popular with a lot of musicians. Belew sampled some phrases from one of his sermons on one of the tracks on one of his late 80's solo records.

Now here's the thing: Prophet Omega apparently did his show from the "Peaceway Temple" which was located at "Apartment Q-258 at 488 Lemont Drive". I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and guess this isn't a coincidence, and Sipe was a fan of Prophet Omega, and took the name as some kind of tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I think I finally figured out where Jeff Sipe got his pseudonym from. While looking for info on Adrian Belew on Wikipedia, I found out there's a Wiki page for Prophet Omega. Prophet Omega was a radio evangelist who broadcast from the Nashville area during the 70's, and who was popular with a lot of musicians. Belew sampled some phrases from one of his sermons on one of the tracks on one of his late 80's solo records.

Now here's the thing: Prophet Omega apparently did his show from the "Peaceway Temple" which was located at "Apartment Q-258 at 488 Lemont Drive". I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and guess this isn't a coincidence, and Sipe was a fan of Prophet Omega, and took the name as some kind of tribute.
    In this interview Jeff says he got it from Col Bruce Hampton, but your story may be involved also.

http://www.jambands.com/features/200...ments-projects

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    In this interview Jeff says he got it from Col Bruce Hampton, but your story may be involved also.

http://www.jambands.com/features/200...ments-projects
    OK so maybe Bruce Hampton was the Prophet Omega fan.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Great sleuthing, G.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Great sleuthing, G.G.
    Yeah, I figured my habit of spending way too much time browsing Wikipedia would eventually pay off.