Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor - Season 34: Game Changers

I haven't watched the live show yet, but I did watch the first two hours to see who wins. I would have never picked Sarah to win, at the start. Brad made a big mistake taking her over Tai. He totally underestimated her and it cost him $1,000,000. Good thing he doesn't need the money.

A few random thoughts. I felt so bad for Cirie. I actually shed a tear for her. What a terrible way to go out. While it might be nice to be able to say that she wasn't voted out (and she didn't even get a vote against her at that TC), it's awful to lose by default. Who knows what could have been. I don't think she would have won...she was way too smart and too dangerous for anyone to take her to final three...but I really wanted her to win!

Culpepper is a bully and an ass. I liked him throughout this show much better than the last time he was on. But the way he tried to strongarm Tai into giving up his idol was terrible. Tai did the right thing. I respect him for not giving in to Culpepper. Just like I respected him for not giving his half of the super-idol to the other two guys on his last season.

I also respected Troyzan's final speech. He knew at that point that he likely wasn't getting any votes and gracefully said as much. It was kind of weird to see him back out like that, but he was honest with himself and with the jury.

Overall, I thought it was a very enjoyable season. I'll try to watch the live show tonight, but it's game 7 of the Senators/Penguins series (GO SENS!) so it might have to wait until the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    GREAT moment with Circe getting "voted" out. I was hoping that that situation would happen (all immunity idols played, everyone but one person is safe), though I did like her so it's nothing personal against her.
    I liked her - she was far and away the nicest person in the cast.

I'm almost surprised how it seemed there was zero discussion to vote out sarah headed into the final 3. (at least nothing of worth to show) What wonderful hubris that Culpepper has.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Brad made a big mistake taking her over Tai. He totally underestimated her and it cost him $1,000,000. Good thing he doesn't need the money.
    Utterly stupid decision - I said so at the time, and an hour later, I was proven right.

Overall, a great season IMO.
    Surely the strongest season in a long time.
    Regards,

Duncan

Turned out to be a fun season and I was happy with the finale. They should just shitcan the whole live show thing. It winds up being some boring, social commentary, circle jerk every time. Always unsatisfying as I'd rather hear a little bit from all the players.

Not sure how I feel about the next season idea yet...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I agree with the rest of you, overall a great season. Sarah definitely deserved to win as she pretty much ran it, especially the last half. It was certainly a season where single wrong moves cost people their games, and it could have gone many different ways right up to the end.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the next season idea yet...
    Yeah..seems like a rather arbitrary division of people...esp since they've done the heroes thing before (although I realize that was in a different context).

They will probably break up the tribes fairly quickly anyway, so it may not really matter.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

New season starts tomorrow. New thread is here, http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...813#post736813