Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phil Collins 'Backstage' pass will cost you £8999

Phil Collins 'Backstage' pass will cost you £8999

Source TeamRock

Tickets on the secondary market for Phil Collins upcoming Not Dead Yet UK tour are selling for more than £600.

Collins will play six dates in June, including five nights at London’s Royal Albert Hall. And with tickets selling fast, prices have begun to rise sharply on Viagogo.

Tickets for the London shows on the site are now on offer for up to £660 – despite only going on general sale last Friday.

And last week, before the tickets were released, the site began advertising passes for £8999 for Collins’ Liverpool show at the city’s Echo Arena, sparking outrage from Nigel Adams MP, chair of the parliamentary group on music.

He told the Liverpool Echo: “This is another outrageous attempt to fleece genuine music fans. I was glad to be able to raise this issue at Prime Minister’s Questions, and am pleased with the Government’s commitment to act, but since my question was aired, more and more music fans have got in touch with me to share their experiences, and I’m dismayed that I’ve heard ever more ludicrous examples of fans being ripped off.”

Just last week, Iron Maiden reported success in the war against ticket touts and counterfeiters following the introduction of ‘paperless ticketing’ to ensure fans were able to buy tickets at the intended price.

They, along with Radiohead and Foo Fighters wrote an open letter to the UK government calling on them to crack down on secondary sales two years ago.

And, in 2015, the Grateful Dead added extra Fare Thee Well dates to give fans a better chance to see the band after tickets for the original concerts in Chicago began changing hands for $10,000 on the secondary market.

In addition to the six indoor shows, Collins will also perform at the British Summer Time festival at London’s Hyde Park on June 30.

What exactly does 'backstage' refer to here? I do not see it defined.

Phil needs more money. He wants to buy the Alamo.

FOREIGNER - 2017 VIP PACKAGES

Ultimate Onstage VIP Lounge Package

Package Includes:
    • One reserved seat ON STAGE during the Foreigner set!
    • One premium reserved ticket in ROWS 1 – 3 during support act sets*
    • Individual photo opportunity with members of Foreigner!
    • Go behind the scenes before your pre-show reception for an exclusive backstage tour!
    • Pre-show reception with passed hors d'oeuvres created from recipes by our singer and Food Network's 'Chopped' champion, Kelly Hansen! (beer & wine included)
    • One VIP parking space per order (where available)
    • Commemorative Foreigner VIP laminate
    • Exclusive VIP gift item
    • Autographed, limited edition VIP lithograph poster (numbered, exclusive to VIPs)
    • Commemorative VIP concert ticket
    • Crowd-free merchandise shopping
    • Early entry into the building
    • On-site VIP host
    *Seat locations may vary by venue. See specific date for details

$998.98 per seat, face price. Foreigner. Yep.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    $998.98 per seat, face price. Foreigner. Yep.
    It might be worth it depending on what the Exclusive VIP gift item is.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    FOREIGNER - 2017 VIP PACKAGES

My grandfather's girlfriend was very good friends with Lou Gramm, and they used to have him over for pasta dinner a few times (for free I suppose). My grandpa had never heard of Foreigner.

Is there a reason that we shouldn't expect supply and demand to work for concerts?

What is Phil bitching and moaning about?

I'm confused...is Phil Collins charging those prices, or are those the inflated prices on secondary markets (which sound conspicuously like scalpers)?
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Is there a reason that we shouldn't expect supply and demand to work for concerts?

What is Phil bitching and moaning about?
    Where did you read a quote from Collins about him bitching? I don't see anything in the article copied above.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

More of any example of the disparity of wealth in the UK. There are numerous individuals who can easily afford this with no bother at all. Unfortunately there are multitudes of employed people who don't even earn £8999 in a year

You know you can get a backstage pass and meet the drummer in The Musical Box for a quickie and a bag of onion mustard pretzels, right? At least if you let him give you a wedgie in return.

He's the alter ego of Collins' personae, just as TMB are the realest of real things. If you offer him a nip at the earlobe he'll stay in character and even allow you to join the tour as sophisticated art-rock groupie wearing a 70s wig and burlesque baroque-cockpiece outfit. It's progressive.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    You know you can get a backstage pass and meet the drummer in The Musical Box for a quickie and a bag of onion mustard pretzels, right? At least if you let him give you a wedgie in return.

He's the alter ego of Collins' personae, just as TMB are the realest of real things. If you offer him a nip at the earlobe he'll stay in character and even allow you to join the tour as sophisticated art-rock groupie wearing a 70s wig and burlesque baroque-cockpiece outfit. It's progressive.
    If I met the drummer from TMB I'd tell him "I loved you in Buster!" Or "I WILL love you in Buster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vonta Jitty View Post
    More of any example of the disparity of wealth in the UK. There are numerous individuals who can easily afford this with no bother at all. Unfortunately there are multitudes of employed people who don't even earn £8999 in a year
    Entertainment (buying music, going to concerts, etc) is a luxury; not a necessity in life.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Where did you read a quote from Collins about him bitching? I don't see anything in the article copied above.
    You're right. I read it too fast. I take it back, Mr. Collins!

The quote was from the "chair of the parliamentary group on music." What is up with Britain? Have they turned into Plato's Republic?

So....we're blaming Phil Collins for large prices on the secondary market?

You're precious, Rufus.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

You're precious, Rufus.
    He'll find any way to jab Phil Collins. Old hat, by now.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Entertainment (buying music, going to concerts, etc) is a luxury; not a necessity in life.
    But going to concerts used to be much more affordable for most people. It's definitely become much more of a luxury. Or at least so much more expensive proportionally that it might give one pause as to whether they'd rather go to a concert or fly somewhere.

I priced tickets to a new Broadway (different from a concert, I know, but similar trajectory) version of the old Willy Wonka movie, and the front orchestra seats are about $500. I'd sooner put $1000 in my kid's college fund than spend it on two hours of singing and dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    Phil needs more money. He wants to buy the Alamo.
    He plans to add a studio in the basement.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I'm confused...is Phil Collins charging those prices, or are those the inflated prices on secondary markets (which sound conspicuously like scalpers)?

Sounds conspicuously like Ticketmaster to me. Not too far from the way tickets on the current Midnight Oil tour were sold out at 10:01, and all over StubHub at 10:02.

Please explain how ticket touts are Phil's fault, Rufus.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Please explain how ticket touts are Phil's fault, Rufus.
    It's Phil's fault because he is still popular and Rufus can't stand that.

This^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

You're precious, Rufus.
    Where in my post do I blame Collins when the article is clearly about 'rip off' ticket organisations who buy in bulk and then screw the public!

BTW, I was lucky enough to get tickets for my Granma & Granpa, they love easy listening ballads from any era!

'Your post' is a TeamRock post, to be pedantic.

As stated as the source