Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early 90s Yes convention in NYC with Jon Anderson?

So I just found out my friend Chris was the bass player for Fragile, but he and the keyboardist quit 2 months before this gig. This was apparently their last show.

Happy Rhodes! 👏 John Anderson! 🤔

This is awesome, I wish I could have been there, thanks for posting. Wow, still miss Ed Sciaky and FM, WMMR WNEW, radio as it was, things were never the same. Like the old folk say "those were the days', and actually I'm referring to the early days of FM radio (not the same days as Archie and Edith sang about) because I can't help to pine for that feeling when I see Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Wow, still miss Ed Sciaky and FM, WMMR WNEW, radio as it was, things were never the same. Like the old folk say "those were the days', and actually I'm referring to the early days of FM radio (not the same days as Archie and Edith sang about) because I can't help to pine for that feeling when I see Ed.
    What's even more bittersweet is that these Talk-era fan-fests (there was one out on the west coast as well) happened shortly after the grunge/Nirvana explosion, and the kind of FM rock radio stations and DJs that were friendly to bands like Yes were quickly being swept away. I believe Ed Sciaky got caught up in that as well. And because this was the days before satellite and internet radio, DJs like Ed who were linked to the old guard really had no place to go once stations started changing their programming. I remember even guys like Jim "I'm BFFs with Roger Waters" Ladd had a tough time making the transition.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.