Thread: Sounds Like Peter Gabriel and or Phil Collins

Sounds Like Peter Gabriel and or Phil Collins

On my latest 2 Prog Rock Radio Shows I featured segments called "Sounds Like Peter Gabriel" and "Sounds Like Phil Collins". Head over to my podcast page and have a listen and see if you agree. I left off a couple of contenders like Marillion/Fish and Ray Wilson and tried to find the hidden gems. Opinions welcome so let me know if I missed some obvious ones but keep in mind that I did not intend the list to be complete but just a fun listen. Maybe need to do another show?
    Previous shows include "The Ladies of Prog" and "My Favorites of 2016". The show broadcasts live on CJLY - Kootenay Co-op Radio 93.5 from Nelson, BC. Also available over the net and of course, via podcast.

http://www.kootenaycoopradio.com/ind...rog_rock_show/

Enjoy,
    Cal
    Last edited by MagmaShark; 03-04-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Nad?

Banned

Atlas Station

Banned

Banned

In the Greg Lake issue of Prog mag, there's a review of Total Absence, by Fatal Fusion. Their "sound is firmly rooted in classic 70s prog, a sense only reinforced by the fact that singer Knut Grontvedt can sound spookily like Peter Gabriel."

Surely you've heard the amazing new Security Project albums Live 1 and Live 2, the Peter Gabriel tribute band with Jerry Marotta and Trey Gunn....singer Brian Cummins sounds more like Peter Gabriel than Peter himself....those two albums are incredible......
    www.canvasproductions.net

Banned

Roger Weiler

I hope the Collins show included something by Moonbound.

Sounds like both

Quote Originally Posted by Squids View Post
    Sounds like both

For real, I love that Dimensionaut CD. Eagerly awaiting the next SoC release... No pressure though.

both of them soundalike

Old man of prog
    How about Italy's THE WATCH?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

For real, I love that Dimensionaut CD. Eagerly awaiting the next SoC release... No pressure though.
    Ironically that song I posted is the least like PC and PG. But, there are certainly moments on the album where it's more closely related (no pun intended). I'll tell you something funny, though. When Phil first heard the album (before it came out) he said to Simon something like "Some of this reminds me of old Genesis" and also "You sound more like Peter than me!" Phil really does likes Dimensionaut a lot (even if he doesn't feel like mentioning it... Don'tmentionaut ). Anyway, new album in the works! Thanks.

"And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/