Thread: Collins’ famous drum fill from ‘In the Air Tonight’ gets the Steve Reich treatment

Collins’ famous drum fill from ‘In the Air Tonight’ gets the Steve Reich treatment

That's almost as annoying as watching this:

The title of one of the featured articles caught my attention: "Bleak Sabbath: Did the mysterious occult group Jacula invent black metal in 1969?" The answer is no, since those albums were recorded in the 1980s...
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

They're coming to take me away haha. Can't see anyone getting past 2 minutes of this

No lie, I listened to it the other day and thought it was fantastic. But, I like the early stuff that Reich did like "It's Gonna Rain" so there you go...

I also like laptops, some rap, albums with a Yamaha DX-7 featured throughout and death metal vocals so...go ahead and chuck my $0.02 in the dumpster!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

When I first approached it, I thought I'd get quickly bored. And, it did seem that way as it started as a reverby thing, then a rat-a-tat, but as it went on I started to enjoy the rhythmic transformations. It's not something I'd listen to often, but it was interesting.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Why, that's every bit as swell as the Shemp Meditation Tape.

That's certainly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I also like laptops, some rap, albums with a Yamaha DX-7 featured throughout and death metal vocals so...go ahead and chuck my $0.02 in the dumpster!
    Heretic!!!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I Hope he does "You Cant Hurry Love" next

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    That's almost as annoying as watching this:

WNnHQXsfw
    Pleae don't post unpleasant shit like that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Can't see anyone getting past 2 minutes of this
    The first two minutes are less interesting. Jump ahead 20 minutes or so and try 2 minutes from the middle!

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    I keep trying to answer, but it won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    The first two minutes are less interesting. Jump ahead 20 minutes or so and try 2 minutes from the middle!

Henry
    Ok, took your advice, put on the headphones and moved about 15 minutes in. Listened for about 15 minutes then skipped around. Quite interesting. Thanks, but if you wanted to end a party early, this would do the trick.

I finished an audiobook and I needed a break from audiobooks on my commutes. So I decided to try this. I also listened to James Manzi's drone guitar songs. I found them quite excellent. Now I am pretty tolerant of repetitive, meditative music. I can enter a "zone" with them. So far I am 50 minutes in and am finding very interesting passages. For example, if you start at 41 minutes, at about 42 mins, the three track sync up with a very cool phasing effect. Similar "happy accident" happens at 43:20 approximately. Patient active listening does bear fruit with this piece. I would like to hear the same thing done with the opening of Intruder (Peter Gabriel).

Terribly annoying drum fill to begin with so why replicate it!

The Ape does the best version I've heard by anyone incl. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Terribly annoying drum fill to begin with so why replicate it!

The Ape does the best version I've heard by anyone incl. PC

I'm shocked it took another's reply to this thread for you to notice it. Did you get the shakes realizing that this thread was 5 months on without you contributing your usual anti-Phil hatred? Did it taste better having your teeth melt into this old thread?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "Steve Reich to Reboot 'Buster' Franchise"

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    But, I like the early stuff that Reich did like "It's Gonna Rain" so there you go...
    It's gonna RAIN aft'a while,
    for fo'ty days and fo'ty nights,
    and the people didn't b'lieve him,
    an' they began to LAUGH at him,
    an' they began to mock him,
    an' they began to say, 'IT AIN'T GONNA RAIN!'
    It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain, It's gonna rain,
    It's gon', It's gon', It's gon', It's gon', It's gon', It's gon', It's gon', It's gon',
    'na RAIN, 'na RAIN, 'na RAIN, 'na RAIN, 'na RAIN, 'na RAIN, 'na RAIN, 'na RAIN,
    scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY, scorRAY,
    scRAY, scRAY, scRAY, scRAY, scRAY, scRAY, scRAY, scRAY, scRAY......

etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc...........