Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seems like The Eagles aren't done after all

Vince Gill would fit.

Henley announced in an interview that Frey's son Deacon will be replacing his dad for these shows. (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/glenn-frey-son-eagles/)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Henley announced in an interview that Frey's son Deacon will be replacing his dad for these shows. (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/glenn-frey-son-eagles/)
    That's actually a pretty cool thing to do!

Jackson Browne would have an ego that could house Frey, Henley and every former member and still have room for half of Fleetwood Mac

Eagles 2017 Fall Tour Dates-
    September 30 - Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field (The Classic NW w/ Doobie Bros.)
    October 17 – Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum
    October 20 – Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
    October 24 – Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
    October 27 – Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

If we're talking about ticket prices as a sidebar in this thread, I'm compelled to mention that while I was still in the US Navy stationed on a ship in San Diego, one weekend during the summer of 1966, 3 of us (who all were already toking when off duty) drove up to SF and on a revolving stage with all 3 bands set up, so there was no more than 5-10 minutes between sets, with each band doing 2 forty-five minute sets that night, we saw FZ/MOI, the Dead and Nico/Lou/Sterling/John & Mo. I think the venue was Winterland, but old age memory isn't sure.

It was $3.00 and you got free apples to snack on all night included.

To my ears, Clarence White-era Byrds, Burritos, solo Gram P and even Craig Fuller-era PP League all sound better than the cash cow birds. YMM of course V.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Cheap tickets start around 250.00.

They did set the bar back in the 90s when it comes to huge ticket prices though, so it's not much of a surprise.

I wouldn't mind seeing them, but not for those prices.

It's all letter-perfect like the album anyway, so you could say it's predictable.

Glenn was probably my fave Eagle too. A little late to see him now. His son is talented, but...

-S
    Last edited by Sean; 08-18-2017 at 02:52 PM.

I saw 'em back in the day on the Long Run tour and it was a note-perfect rendition of all of their tunes, even the solos. No way I would pay that kind of money to see them. Don Henley's "moral and ethical" decision to continue is really a disguise for the loot he and they think they can score.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post

It was $3.00 and you got free apples to snack on all night included.
    The Control for Inflation police is back to remind that $3.00 with free apples in 1966 would be $248 in today's dollars - the same as what they are charging today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Cheap tickets start around 250.00.

They did set the bar back in the 90s when it comes to huge ticket prices though, so it's not much of a surprise.
    -S
    As I recall around 1993/94, The Eagles were the first band that I heard started charging over $100 a ticket, which blew my friend's minds, especially a die-hard Eagles fan. I told her that they are an old band and that most of their fans are really old, older than 35, and they can afford it.

But since you asked, a $130 ticket in 1994 would be $225 today, so it is quite big of them to keep it close to inflation adjusted prices.