Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tears for Fears to tour with Hall & Oates

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    "Avant-Pop" LOL

Extreme Easy-Listening
    Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    that would be SWING OUT SISTER, mentioned above …

i found “seeds of love” very polished, give “SftBC” a go …
    throw in a bulk of A-ha's albums, Dou3le, TheBlueNile, and Air, and we have a whole new genre

Roland posted this tonight:

Why Hall & Oats?

What Seals and Crofts weren't available?

story on CBS This Morning on Hall & Oates

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Roland posted this tonight:

Very nice. Roland can do poignant-voiced as well as Curt, it seems.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Banned
    So Tears for Fear played in Nashvile. Maybe they influenced the young Sierra Hull who is an incredible Bluegrass, progressive acoustic mandolin player. Saw her yesterday playing a Fender Mandocaster and performing Mad World. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I don't think so but a lot of prog fans(at least on here) seem to like them. Out of all the non prog bands I see mentioned on here their name seems to pop up more than most.
    they definitely had prog leanings particularly on Elemental. love that album. Break it Down, Mr Pessimist, Fish, Gas Giants, Power, Brian Wilson.. all very original tunes. then of course you have Ladybird from Happy Ending with that very tricky time signature during the chorus.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    they definitely had prog leanings particularly on Elemental. love that album. Break it Down, Mr Pessimist, Fish, Gas Giants, Power, Brian Wilson.. all very original tunes. then of course you have Ladybird from Happy Ending with that very tricky time signature during the chorus.
    "Ladybird" was a great one, especially when they played it live. Same with "The Devil."

Everybody Loves a Happy Ending was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2004, for me. Played the heck out of that CD when I got it. It really felt like a continuation of Seeds of Love in retrospect. Would love to hear some more new music from those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Everybody Loves a Happy Ending was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2004, for me. Played the heck out of that CD when I got it. It really felt like a continuation of Seeds of Love in retrospect. Would love to hear some more new music from those guys.
    I was happy that the CD came out then but to me it was the worst album they have made after a couple of very good ones and the excellent Sowing the Seeds of Love,Elemetal and Raoul and the Kings of Spain. Apart from "Lady Bird" there are some good songs but none that are at the same level as the last three from Sowing the Seeds of Love.