Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anglagard- May 9th in Chicago at Reggie's

That was awesome!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I know you couldn't make it Geeze but you missed one very awesome show! It was special! Not only did Anna deliver that touching little speech but Jonas told a totally personal joke all for my benefit! I took them up to the Kingston Mines on Monday night (we stayed out past 3am!) and on the way up I told him how I really don't like when musicians come to town and pay an homage to Chicago blues (especially those that are not blues players). I told him it was a nice sentiment and that they mean well but said that for $5 I could go down the block and see someone do it just as well or better! So at one point, Jonas walks over to Anna's mic, impromptu, and goes into this long introduction how the next Anglagard song is an homage to the blues and that the crowd could count to 12 to keep track!!! He told it all so straight faced I thought he might be serious!!! Of course, nothing they do is anything like 12 bar blues but it had me freaking out whether he was serious or not and that they might break into Sweet Home Chicago or something! LOL Of course, I was the only one in the crowd to get the joke but it just slayed me! They played for 2 1/2 hours and the last half was the entire Hybris album! Their sound was brilliant- just like the record! So clear, crisp and clean. Alar is definitely the 7th member of the band. Hanging with them all week was phenomenal!! I treated them to deep dish pizza and took them to the Sears Tower (oops, Willis!). What great and lovely people!!! Check out the pic below. This is number two event of a lifetime right next to some other band up in that neck of the woods. And yes, I will be visiting sometime in the future!!!! :-) Anna and me.jpg
    Last edited by DaleGtr; 05-26-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles

Great pic! Anna actually looks happy.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

What a great night! Sorry that I couldn't make it. Did someone video the show, in any way, shape or form? Tell me that they did...

neil

I want to say that Joel Barrios did but I'm not sure. I think he has the audio recording for sure. I may have to start another petition to get him to release it! LOL!!! Neil, it was an amazing show! Sonic perfection and all inches in front of my face! The first half of the show was like I had one foot in dream world and the other in reality (very unsettling, to be honest). The second half was pure magic! What a dream come true!
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles

It was an absolutely fantastic show! Thanks for putting so much work into this.