Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anglagard- May 9th in Chicago at Reggie's

There's Ticketbastard and now there's Dale, who can be called Ticketlegitimate.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGtr View Post
    Excellent!!! See you there! I have front row center. BTW- do we know each other? have we met? I've been on PE since 2000 but not much for the past few years.
    I don't think I've met anyone from PE, - at least not when I was aware of it at the time. I've been on the last few CTTEs which have had several members along, but I don't know for sure if I met anyone there. I've seen Progeezer at a show here in the Madison area, but I wasn't sure it was him (I'm positive now) and felt sheepish about walking up to someone and saying "are you Progeezer?"

I have met a number of people over the years from other prog/Yes forums, but I only started coming here regularly maybe five or so years ago. Before that I would pop in and read some but didn't post or probably sign up (don't remember an actual timeline).

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    I don't think I've met anyone from PE, - at least not when I was aware of it at the time. I've been on the last few CTTEs which have had several members along, but I don't know for sure if I met anyone there. I've seen Progeezer at a show here in the Madison area, but I wasn't sure it was him (I'm positive now) and felt sheepish about walking up to someone and saying "are you Progeezer?"

I have met a number of people over the years from other prog/Yes forums, but I only started coming here regularly maybe five or so years ago. Before that I would pop in and read some but didn't post or probably sign up (don't remember an actual timeline).
    True story : a few years ago, the late Kay & I, on a hot summer day, went to Michael's Frozen Custard on Monroe St. in Madison. We're sitting at a table eating and a stranger walks up to me and says, "are you Progeezer on Progressive Ears?". It was PE's beloved?? JKL (Jed) of NYC/NJ, whose wife (I didn't know this then) grew up in Madison.

When we got home, Kay said, "I feel like I was just in a Twilight Zone episode".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    True story : a few years ago, the late Kay & I, on a hot summer day, went to Michael's Frozen Custard on Monroe St. in Madison. We're sitting at a table eating and a stranger walks up to me and says, "are you Progeezer on Progressive Ears?". It was PE's beloved?? JKL (Jed) of NYC/NJ, whose wife (I didn't know this then) grew up in Madison.

When we got home, Kay said, "I feel like I was just in a Twilight Zone episode".
    That's awesome. I was at a "Prog" show at High Noon maybe a year or so ago and I was pretty sure you were at the bar and your car was in the lot. The next time I'll just bug you. We will be at their next show Monday so if you are there I will definitely say hi.

^^^^ See you Monday, Mr. Stove. I'll be with Dalegtr and Magog (not here much anymore) who are driving up from Chicago and also Bob Lee from Milwaukee, who you may or may not know, as well as my 37 year old son Peter, who's the only one of my 5 kids that inherited good taste in music. So you can hang out with all of us if you're so inclined.

Yeah, my license plate makes my car easy to spot.

^^^^ See you Monday, Mr. Stove. I'll be with Dalegtr and Magog (not here much anymore) who are driving up from Chicago and also Bob Lee from Milwaukee, who you may or may not know, as well as my 37 year old son Peter, who's the only one of my 5 kids that inherited good taste in music. So you can hang out with all of us if you're so inclined.

Yeah, my license plate makes my car easy to spot.
    It was pretty obvious.

I'll be sure to stop by and say hi. Glad they are getting another shot after the weather messed with the first one.

PROG

It was pretty obvious.

I'll be sure to stop by and say hi. Glad they are getting another shot after the weather messed with the first one.

Nice to meet you finally! If you need help with accommodations in Chicago let me know.
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGtr View Post
    Nice to meet you finally! If you need help with accommodations in Chicago let me know.
    Same here. We are doing a down and back, but thanks for the offer. Progeezer was fantastic an Aqualung.

Same here. We are doing a down and back, but thanks for the offer. Progeezer was fantastic an Aqualung.
    Many thanks, Mike!

Great meeting you.

Many thanks, Mike!

Great meeting you.
    You, as well!

My wife hates Ian's voice and thus never sees anything Tull related. After you sang she told me how much better she liked the song when you did it.

Thought I'd give this a bump. Anyone else going? Going to be a great show! Also, the Rosfest crowd is in for a big treat. Wish I could make it this year.

Also, Geezer- LOVED your Ticketlegitimate comment! LOL Only 8 general admissions tickets left. $35- cheap! (to quote Mad magazine!)
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Of course when we're in Madison we go to Michael's about twice a day, so that increases the chances!

The weird thing is one time I was on a NYC subway and ran into my wife's best friend's sister and her family (from Madison). They were even more surprised than me.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 04-26-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Of course when we're in Madison we go to Michael's about twice a day, so that increases the chances!

The weird thing is one time I was on a NYC subway and ran into my wife's best friend's sister and her family (from Madison). They were even more surprised than me.
    Michael's is fantastic. We used to live about 1.5 miles from one and would walk over for a custard about twice a week. I live out in the country now, so it doesn't happen often.

Meetings are funny. My folks ran into my dad's best friend in Germany once. They both new they were traveling at the same time, but neither knew where until they were getting coffee one morning.

Michael's is fantastic. We used to live about 1.5 miles from one and would walk over for a custard about twice a week. I live out in the country now, so it doesn't happen often.

Meetings are funny. My folks ran into my dad's best friend in Germany once. They both new they were traveling at the same time, but neither knew where until they were getting coffee one morning.
    My in-laws live about a half-mile from Michael's, so it's really hard not to go there a lot. And when not only the custard is great, but the fried cheese curds...

Turtle sundaes...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    My in-laws live about a half-mile from Michael's, so it's really hard not to go there a lot. And when not only the custard is great, but the fried cheese curds...

Turtle sundaes...
    Shit! I just got home & was gonna take a nap. Now I'm jonesing for Michael's first. See ya later!

Shit! I just got home & was gonna take a nap. Now I'm jonesing for Michael's first. See ya later!

The best frozen custard!!

neil

^^

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    The best frozen custard!!

neil
    Agreed! Definitely my favorite.

In case anyone is interested, I will have copies of The Strawberry Bricks Guide to Progressive Rock, Revised and Expanded Edition available for sale at the show!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Well if they anywhere near as well as tonight in Quebec you're in for a good night.

Fucking awesome show.

Chris Briggs and myself will be there from Grand Rapids, MI. See you all tomorrow!

Woooweee. What a night! Nice long set from Anglagard, and all of Hybris! XmarksX was a great surprise (though it shouldn't have been, I've seen Liquid Soul numerous times) and of course District 97 offered a rockin' set of songs (including a new one, and a couple from Hybrid Child).

Thanks to all who purchased the book!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Entire Hybris? Nice.

Late to post but I have been in Anglagard heaven for the past couple of weeks!!! What an astoundingly perfect show!!! I mean they played perfectly and Alar, their soundman, made the band sound as perfect as they played. OK, maybe I'm still just a bit wound up but honestly, for Anglagard fans this was truly a great show!! Approximately 2 1/2 hours, including this magical interlude between 'sets': (Courtesy of Joel Barrios)

Last edited by DaleGtr; 05-25-2017 at 09:42 PM.