Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anglagard- May 9th in Chicago at Reggie's

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Hey, turn that frown upside down!
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    True! But I wish it were on a weekend...when you get to certain age, being up half the night loses it's appeal.

btw - I see Reggies has listings up for Progtoberfest III, has this already been posted here? Some goodies there!!
    I guess that I forget, that I may be somewhat...strange, in that regard, lol. I think nothing of losing sleep for one night, to see an awesome show. I just take a nap the next day, and that's it. I think the furthest that I pushed it, was seeing Zevious in Rochester on a Tuesday. Now, this is a 2 1/2 drive from Toronto, and I must have got to bed at 3 that night, and had a 6:45 wake up call, but I didn't mind.

BTW, just curious...what it this 'certain age', that you are referring to?! I'll be 55 this month, and still love staying up late, especially for shows. Respectfully, I hope that 'certain age syndrome', never gets me!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Oh, and if you're reading the above, Mississauga David, f**k you!
    Fuck both of youse!! Ha.

neil

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I guess that I forget, that I may be somewhat...strange, in that regard, lol. I think nothing of losing sleep for one night, to see an awesome show. I just take a nap the next day, and that's it. I think the furthest that I pushed it, was seeing Zevious in Rochester on a Tuesday. Now, this is a 2 1/2 drive from Toronto, and I must have got to bed at 3 that night, and had a 6:45 wake up call, but I didn't mind.

BTW, just curious...what it this 'certain age', that you are referring to?! I'll be 55 this month, and still love staying up late, especially for shows. Respectfully, I hope that 'certain age syndrome', never gets me!

neil
    Some of us don't get to take naps. 😌

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Some of us don't get to take naps. ��
    And some of us do, but still feel too fucking old.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

D97 is pumped to be joining Anglagard for this show (even though one person is quite vocal about wishing we weren't so he could get an earlier night )! For anyone concerned about this being too late of an evening, Reggie's moved things up ti doors at 7 PM, if I'm not mistaken. i don't anticipate Anglagard getting on at too ridiculous an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Some of us don't get to take naps. ��
    Fair enough, but even if I couldn't, which has happened, I'd still just be a little tired for one day. Looks like it is going to be an earlier start, so that should help. Great line-up.

neil

This is great news.

neil
    Your older than me (51), I guess getting up for work at 5 am for half my life has taken its toll...recovery from a late night takes longer than it used too!

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    Your older than me (51), I guess getting up for work at 5 am for half my life has taken its toll...recovery from a late night takes longer than it used too!
    Ahhh, that explains a lot! It's funny, for years I had shift work, but whether or not I had to get up at 5:30 AM (for a 7 AM start), or if I was on a 4 PM shift, I would still go to bed around 1 AM!

Anyways....ANGLAGARD!! Going to be a great show. Happy for those with the chance to attend.

neil

Ahhh, that explains a lot! It's funny, for years I had shift work, but whether or not I had to get up at 5:30 AM (for a 7 AM start), or if I was on a 4 PM shift, I would still go to bed around 1 AM!neil
    I went to bed at 8pm the other night!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

neil

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I went to bed at 8pm the other night!

neil
    Don't be so shocked, Neil. Charles, unlike you and I, has reached puberty.

But I do now find myself, while still being a "night person" and usually going to bed at 1-2am, napping not all, but most days in the afternoon, for 90-120 minutes.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Don't be so shocked, Neil. Charles, unlike you and I, has reached puberty.

But I do now find myself, while still being a "night person" and usually going to bed at 1-2am, napping not all, but most days in the afternoon, for 90-120 minutes.
    Steve, Neil and I are the same age!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Steve, Neil and I are the same age!
    Since when did being an adult emotionally and cerebrally have anything to do with chronology?

Since when did being an adult emotionally and cerebrally have anything to do with chronology?

Geezer, Norm has a shirt for you. Maybe you can borrow it from Magog! :-)

Yeah, it's gonna be a later night than anticipated but, as Neil points out, it is not the worst problem to have! The starting time on has been moved up an hour which is good. I don't have the issue of getting up for work the next day as I will have the whole week off. I have some entertaining to do! Anybody want to join in? It's gonna been a fun few days- Rofest spun into Chicago! :-)
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles

Man, I would love to do it. You can never get enough Anglagard.

neil

Hey, just curious (and to give this a bump): Who is going to the Chicago Anglagard show? I am picking up about 20 general admission tickets for friends this week at Reggie's.
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGtr View Post
    Hey, just curious (and to give this a bump): Who is going to the Chicago Anglagard show? I am picking up about 20 general admission tickets for friends this week at Reggie's.
    So the money for 20 tix is coming from your bank account in Switzerland that you've never previously told anyone about?

LOL!!! Yeah, I'm filthy rich but I keep it a secret by driving a 19 year old Honda!

Actually, I do these things from time to time- like the time I picked up 28 tickets for Nektar at Martyrs' back in 2006, or 17 tickets and a table for Steve Howe at the Park West. I buy tickets and then find friends that need them. Then there was the time I picked up 8 Musical Box tickets for a Milwaukee show years ago. I got laid off and hadn't moved a ticket until that night. Fortunately, with some help, I was able to get rid of 7 of them. Getting stuck like that while unemployed would have hurt. Or there's the time I bought 8 Porcupine Tree tickets and let them sit on my dresser. Thought I only bought four and when I got down to the venue I realized my mistake! Think I had to dump them to a scalper for a reduced price so I could see the beginning of the show. Never a dull moment with me! :-)

We're going. Got reserved tix as soon as we realized they were available.

Excellent!!! See you there! I have front row center. BTW- do we know each other? have we met? I've been on PE since 2000 but not much for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGtr View Post
    LOL!!! Yeah, I'm filthy rich but I keep it a secret by driving a 19 year old Honda!

Actually, I do these things from time to time- like the time I picked up 28 tickets for Nektar at Martyrs' back in 2006, or 17 tickets and a table for Steve Howe at the Park West. I buy tickets and then find friends that need them. Then there was the time I picked up 8 Musical Box tickets for a Milwaukee show years ago. I got laid off and hadn't moved a ticket until that night. Fortunately, with some help, I was able to get rid of 7 of them. Getting stuck like that while unemployed would have hurt. Or there's the time I bought 8 Porcupine Tree tickets and let them sit on my dresser. Thought I only bought four and when I got down to the venue I realized my mistake! Think I had to dump them to a scalper for a reduced price so I could see the beginning of the show. Never a dull moment with me! :-)
    Wait a minute...

How can a scalper be unemployed???
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Because I was not a scalper! I charged face value for the tickets. I don't do this to make money. I'm just trying to get friends to see a good show! Reminds me back in '06 when I told Vicki Powell (associated with Nektar at the time) that I bought 28 tickets. She asked if I was a scalper. I told her no, just a big fan of the band! :-)

BTW- I have the 20 tickets in hand now. Some have already been claimed. If anyone needs a GA ticket for the show please let me know.