Thread: Skuggsja - (Collaboration between Wardruna and Enslaved)

Skuggsja - (Collaboration between Wardruna and Enslaved)

I recently bought the Runaljod trilogy by Nordic proggers Wardruna and really enjoyed it. At the time I was struck by the cultural background shared with the likes of progressive metallers Enslaved, and was intrigued to learn that the Norwegian government commissioned a joint collaboration between the two groups as part of a historic celebration of Norse culture.

The end result was Skuggsja, bringing together the cinematic sound and traditional instruments of Wardruna and the powerful riffs and drumming of Enslaved. Does the album herald a new Nordic dawn in progressive music, or was it a clash of the titans?

You can read my reaction here:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....-mirrors-2016/

I really like this album. I'm glad to hear they are going to make a second one.
    Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I really like this album. I'm glad to hear they are going to make a second one.
    Thanks for the review!
    You're very welcome - thanks for taking the time to read it.

It's kinda inspired me dig a little deeper into my Nordic roots, but it could be a challenge musically speaking, as there are an awful lot of dodgy Viking metal bands out there, if my google search is anything to go by.