Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mucho news about Cuneiform artists from Cuneiform artists

Happy Family!!! Man, sure hope someone films their gig, and they keep on going! Far Corner, Miriodor, Zevious, TP, Janel & Anthony...lots of great news in that link.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    With this & the Soleil Zeuhl new releases plus festival & the Altrock upcoming Arches & Five Storey Ensemble upcoming releases it's looking like a stellar year for those of an Avant persuasion.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

"On April 28th, 2013, Forgas Band Phenomena will headline the second day of the Convention Progrésiste, a two-day festival organised by the Belgian prog publication of the same name (headliners for the first day are Anglagard and Locanda Delle Fate, and sharing the bill on the Sunday are Aranis, Kotebel and Special Providence) at the Espace Culturel Victor Jara in Soignies, Belgium. More info : http://www.facebook.com/Progresiste "

Good Lawd - what a great lineup!!
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Yeah what the hell is the "SeaProg" event in Seattle in June? Haven't heard anything about it, can't find any info online, who's behind it, who are the bands?
    my good friend Dennis Rea and John Reagan are putting on the SeaProg thing. i put Dennis in touch with Mike about the possibility and it took off. sounds like it will be a lot of fun
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    my good friend Dennis Rea and John Reagan are putting on the SeaProg thing. i put Dennis in touch with Mike about the possibility and it took off. sounds like it will be a lot of fun
    So does this mean Thinking Plague, Dissonati & Moraine are likely playing? Sounds like a cracking festival might need a trip to the great NW.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    So does this mean Thinking Plague, Dissonati & Moraine are likely playing?
    Yes, it does. John and Dennis are talking to other artists as well, of course, but don't have anything confirmed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    as a personal aside, along with the very surprising return of Happy Family, I thought that this was the most notable/odd/unusual thing in there:

May 16 & 17 - MICHAEL GIBBS and the NDR Big Band featuring Nguyen Le play DARKSIDE OF THE MOON - Hamburg, Germany

!!!!
    Thank you for pointing this out. The same series of concerts also features Nik Bärtsch's Ronin on Feb. 15th.!

http://www.ndr.de/kultur/jazz/jazzkonzerte115.html

Wow great news, HAPPY FAMILY!!!
    Also, Ed Palermo Big Band was amazing in NYC @ the Iridium. Should be great for all of those who can see them this spring
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
    -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    "On April 28th, 2013, Forgas Band Phenomena will headline the second day of the Convention Progrésiste, a two-day festival organised by the Belgian prog publication of the same name (headliners for the first day are Anglagard and Locanda Delle Fate, and sharing the bill on the Sunday are Aranis, Kotebel and Special Providence) at the Espace Culturel Victor Jara in Soignies, Belgium. More info : http://www.facebook.com/Progresiste "

Good Lawd - what a great lineup!!

Yeah.... It's their (Progresiste) best line-up yet (they're in their 13th edition I believe)....

But the greatness of this line-up has more to do with their alliance with the Alter Ego Festival (in their 7th edition), which always had a more daring selection in their events... Both didn't organize anything last year, because of the crisis... so this mutual bonding ensures the perenity for at least three years (until 2015, when Mons - some 30 km away from Soignies - will be the World Cultural Capital... This could lead to a gradual budget increase, because official subsidies could be involved
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.