Thread: Adrian Belew - Inner Revolution

Adrian Belew - Inner Revolution

Belew's Solo Record from '92 is pretty much straight forward power pop with some of his Crimson-esque guitar throw in. Out of the 12 tunes, I'd say I love 9 of them. Tunes like the title track captures Belew signature guitar sound. "Big Blue Sun" is a tune that if the Beatles had sex with ELO, that's what it would sound like; power pop Bliss. My fav track "This is What I Believe In" has a very uplifting message sung with such passion. I knew that would be my fav song on the album right away. Any fans????

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I like it too. I got to see this tour of his and it was a fun gig. Seemed the perfect counterpoint to the serious Crimson King.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Easily my fave of the early Belew albums. Here's a tune heavily influenced by the Beatles (he is a fanatic, after all):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mQCv-Hop5c

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I probably wouldnt mind a Belew solo box as I own none now but enjoyed his first few in the day.

Never listened to this one, but I've got it playing on Spotify now and it's really cool! Thanks for mentioning it.

I pull it out sometimes though it's not huge favorite.

Huge fan here, Adrian does power pop and Beatles influenced stuff better than anybody and this record has some real gems on it.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Huge fan here, Adrian does power pop and Beatles influenced stuff better than anybody and this record has some real gems on it.
    Ah mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

X T C

One my favourite solo Adrians, definitely. So good
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Have to put in a good word for "Here" as well. Probably the most pop of any Belew album (even counting the Bears), probably the most commercial too, but to these ears he really pulls it off.