Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Progstock!?

Echolyn would be cool. New Jersey in an unknown venue in October?!

On the waiting room they interviewed Glass Hammer and said they will be headlining Friday somewhere in New Jersey when we figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by blusterbox studio View Post
    somewhere in New Jersey when we figure it out
    That doesn't sound promising.

Read on FB that they are looking at 225, 350 and 475 for the three tiers of pledge prices. Yikes. Marillion at the Royal Albert Hall for the same weekend were substantially cheaper.

Interesting……

If this happens it is the weekend before Progtoberfest in Chicago that is currently featuring 34 bands. A prog smorgasbord for the east coast and Midwest, but being that close together could compete for the same audience.

Nearfest was in NJ a couple times. Remember the famous lunch boxes at the Trenton War Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Echolyn, Glass Hammer, The Tangent, Karmakanic, Randy McStine K Gilbert Tribute, Aisles, 3rdegree, Circuline, Rachel Flowers, Peter Jones, Resistor, The Tea Club, Cell15, Rani Chatoorgoon, Francis Dunnery, Jason Rubenstein, Echotest.

Oct 13-15, New Jersey

That's a lot of bands for a weekend. Pretty strong line-up if you like mainstream prog. Looks like a ROSfest line-up.
    that's quite a feat, kudos to the organisers

but it's not the kind of festival line-up that will have moi (lil'ol'me) hop back across the pond
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Read on FB that they are looking at 225, 350 and 475 for the three tiers of pledge prices. Yikes. Marillion at the Royal Albert Hall for the same weekend were substantially cheaper.
    Actually, those were the prices if you didn't participate in the early crowdfunding of it, which includes your ticket. They said those tix would be less than those prices. A little confusing.

Re the venue, I'd like to know if it's for example just over the GWB or just out of Delaware. A lot of possibilities. They say the band contracts are all signed, or something like that. Yeah, maybe a bit too neo heavy even for me.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm actually incredulous that you're not familiar with Rachel, Jed.

This is a quintessential, "has your head been under a rock?" moment.
    I know of her, just not listened to her or read the threads. I was just reporting she was attending. That is all.

Scruffynerfherder Scruffynerfherder's Avatar
    CAN'T WAIT!!!! GREAT LINE UP! Im just speculating on where it could possibly take place??? Asbury Park? Dunellen Prog House??? WHERE?????? Anyway I'll def be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerfherder View Post
    CAN'T WAIT!!!! GREAT LINE UP! Im just speculating on where it could possibly take place??? Asbury Park? Dunellen Prog House??? WHERE?????? Anyway I'll def be there!
    Could be Peapack, Hohocus, the Jersey Shore, Jersey City...

Some aspects they've obviously thought through carefully, so we'll see. Wondering about day passes...

It seems like a shame to have this a situation where people will have to choose between this festival and Progtoberfest. Having them so close together is not helpful to either festival.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Echolyn are the only band on that list that really excite me. I could end up going if it made sense with a bunch of friends there but it'd be my 4th festival of the year & 5th major trip for music. Doubt it's going to work.
    Echolyn will be playing other shows.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Echolyn will be playing other shows.
    Well that's good news for me, ProgDay would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    It seems like a shame to have this a situation where people will have to choose between this festival and Progtoberfest. Having them so close together is not helpful to either festival.
    That was my thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Actually, those were the prices if you didn't participate in the early crowdfunding of it, which includes your ticket. They said those tix would be less than those prices. A little confusing.
    I don't remember the crowdfunding campaign, where was it?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well that's good news for me, ProgDay would be nice.

That was my thought as well.

I don't remember the crowdfunding campaign, where was it?
    Hasn't started yet - in a few weeks. Yesterday was the first announcement of the whole thing. I'm sure they'll have complete info online before it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Echolyn!
    Urho Kekkonen!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Hva?

They just posted this:

MARCH 17, 2017 - PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS
    A key date for everyone to mark down is Friday, March 17, 2017, which is St. Patrick's day. This will be the launch date for ProgStock's PledgeMusic campaign.

PROGSTOCK'S 'BOARDING GROUPS'
    Very simply, we'll be offering 'boarding groups' for sale beginning on March 17. Akin to the order in which passengers fill an aircraft, 'Boarding Group #1' will get to select their seats first, followed by 'Boarding Group #2' and so on. A tiered pricing schedule applies for each boarding class. As a ProgStock passenger in any of the boarding classes, it will be to your advantage to invest as early as possible, so Friday, March 17 is an important date.

As ProgStock's plans develop, please stay in touch with us by bookmarking and "favoriting" us on your computer and mobile devices. Where we have answers, we'll certainly respond with as much detail as possible. There are a few particulars that are still forthcoming, including which specific performance venue will win our hearts. While this may raise an eyebrow, the truth is that there are plenty of places in New Jersey where we could host this festival, but we want to select the one that best fits everyone's needs. If you plan to fly to us, we do recommend Newark International Airport. Please stay tuned for more information and we thank you for your patience.

Again, thank you for considering your presence as a passenger at ProgStock. We will do our best to keep you in the loop with developments and, once we are clear for boarding, our goal is to have all of the information in place for you to make your important decisions.

THat's a lot of artists! I hope when they pick a venue it has more than one stage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevfeeley View Post
    THat's a lot of artists! I hope when they pick a venue it has more than one stage!
    I think there'll be only one stage, as the way they said the seating works is that you choose to "purchase" whatever seat you want, but it's done in groups. So you pay more to be in the first group that chooses vs the second or third group. Kind of makes sense -- as they said, some like to be in the front row, some the 8th row on the aisle, etc.

You're right though, Kev, that's a lot of bands. Maybe they expect a little attrition.

I wish this festival well, but it's an easy decision for me. The Progtoberfest III line-up, is spectacular. I do agree, that it is a shame to have them so close together, and I do hope that Echolyn will be able to do a few other shows.

neil

[QUOTE=JKL2000;673173
    You're right though, Kev, that's a lot of bands. Maybe they expect a little attrition.[/QUOTE]

Well everyone is entitled to 15 minutes of fame.

There's probably a big difference between a fest in Chicago and one in NJ, location wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevfeeley View Post
    Well everyone is entitled to 15 minutes of fame.
    What happened to yours? Still love ya, man!

I didn't go to Progtoberfest in Chicago last year, but health willing I do expect to do the whole thing this year. I've personally had more than enough of the NYC metropolitan area (which incl, the northern half of NJ) in my lifetime. Not meant as a dis, it's my hometown and is tattooed on my arm, but I was assimilated by the laconic midwest Borg a long time ago.
    Last edited by progeezer; 02-25-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    What happened to yours? Still love ya, man!

I didn't go to Progtoberfest in Chicago last year, but health willing I do expect to do the whole thing this year. I've personally had more than enough of NYC in my lifetime. Not meant as a dis, it's my hometown and is tattooed on my arm, but I was assimilated by the laconic midwest Borg a long time ago.
    It's not in NYC, it's in NJ! A big difference!