Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally! Decent Rachel Flowers video from NAMM 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    And I bet it's a sweet deal to boot. Disappointed in the Electro, organ sounds I can live with but the piano, well, never mind.
    She does have a endorsement deal with them. I think she has two of their units. She plays at NAMM for them. She's probably one of the best promoters of their units out there. She really knows her way around their sound files.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly112 View Post
    Music's a funny old thing. Where I hear wonderful melodies and orchestration, great rhythms and harmonies, others are hearing boring music with no personality, and wanting something 'more prog rock'. Some hear unadventurous, I hear refreshing. I loved the album, and it gets considerable airplay in my house.
    Full disclosure here - I am a (very!) small backer of the film as are others on this forum. Indeed, despite hovering around here for years, I only joined progressiveears recently as there appeared to be a couple of Rachel threads.
    Sure, Rachel likes prog. Also countless other forms of music. As do I (not as wide ranging tastes as her though) and I presume many others. But I had heard nothing whatsoever in any of her live performances with jazz trios, or the couple of originals on Soundcloud, or snippets of what we heard in the background of the film trailer, to suggest her CD would be 'proggy'. Indeed, one mention of mystical journeys or countless noodlings in 19/8 time would have had me emailing Lorenzo and asking for my money back.
    But as rminsk said above, to each his own.
    Agreed that she is more into Jazz than Prog Rock.

I wonder how many folks here understand that she played every stinking instrument on her album. It's all her. Count all the albums you have heard that were that sophisticated AND it was all played by one person. Rachel is not really a Rocker, even though she can shred on guitar and really rip it up on bass as well as keyboards.

A lot of people won't necessarily like her. I get that.