Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited II Tour

Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited II Tour

2nd night at the Keswick in Glenside, PA just added. Saturday Oct. 12. Presale code - DAYTWO Good until sometime tomorrow (That would be Wednesday 1/30) I think. Just got some pretty decent seats.

r
    Last edited by Richard; 01-30-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Banned
    well makes sense. They always book The Musical Box for two nights...now you have the real thing coming so they better book him for two nights too!! I'll be at both!

Wonderful news. I too will be there both nights.

May I ask where you're finding the dates? I didn't see anything on Hackettsongs...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    May I ask where you're finding the dates? I didn't see anything on Hackettsongs...
    well for the Keswick, they are on the venue website.

I haven't looked in a couple of weeks but I couldn't find tour dates either

Unless he comes to Maryland I'll be there for at least one of the shows in Philly

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    well makes sense. They always book The Musical Box for two nights...now you have the real thing coming so they better book him for two nights too!! I'll be at both!
    I think it sucks that Steve H is able to fill better venues when he does a ' Genesis music ' tour. I'd rather he play his solo music.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    I'd rather he play his solo music.
    Although I'll be there both nights at the Keswick, I completely agree with you.

Banned
    I think it sucks that Steve H is able to fill better venues when he does a ' Genesis music ' tour. I'd rather he play his solo music.
    Steve has done plenty of that in recent years, and yes, even in the USA. I love his solo material too. But doing this is cool too, not just for us, but probably for him too.

By the way, who says he won't do solo material on this tour? Three solo tunes showed up on the new album after all.

Just got my tix for the 2nd Keswick show.

I dragged my feet with the first one and actually forgot about it. Very happy that he added a 2nd show.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    John, go to www.keswicktheatre.com

I might end up getting tickets to that 2nd Philly show. Its a Saturday, that would be perfect for me.

I have a great seat for Friday......one night is enough for me.

I've just ordered 2 tickets for the Saturday show, 10/12! Good seats too. I guess sales were strong for the first show, enough to demand a 2nd night. Pretty good considering this is a 1,300 seat theater. Yes, I asked them. Now all we have to do is wait 8 and a half months. Hell, some babies take less time than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I haven't looked in a couple of weeks but I couldn't find tour dates either

Unless he comes to Maryland I'll be there for at least one of the shows in Philly

BG
    I'm in the same boat. There seems to be a long stretch of time between his few US dates, so I'm hopeful more will be added.
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

Just found this thread. Uh ... tickets for a show 9 months from now? This is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Although I'll be there both nights at the Keswick, I completely agree with you.
    Thanks. Having seen Genesis with Steve and Peter I'm happy with the memories.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I hope he comes to NYC!

You'll see faces and traces of home!

Space Cadet
    A recent newsletter from Steve had several more NA dates, but then a follow-up said that some weren't confirmed. I wish I could find it...I recall CT and several in Quebec.

Being humbled by knowing where your bread is buttered is good for the artist's soul.

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Just found this thread. Uh ... tickets for a show 9 months from now? This is nuts.
    This is how it used to be back in the 70's with bands such as Yes, Zep and Pink Floyd. Nowadays, if they go on sale three months from date of show it seems like a long period between. So I can understand the raised eyebrows on this particular sale.

Slightly OT, a boy-band called One Direction from England (I believe) have recently sold out their tours a full YEAR in advance. Go figure!

Peace,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    (Usually our 'talent show' acts like this do nothing in the US.)
    Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood would disagree with you.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Connecticut date (Ridgefield Playhouse) for those on the east coast....

http://www.ridgefieldplayhouse.org/e...esis-revisited

Tiny 500 seat theater.
    Last edited by Johnboy; 01-31-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood would disagree with you.
    Yes, hence why I said 'our'- they are not British.