Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Groups with both male and female vocals

It's a Beautiful Day

Magma- Herve Aknin and Christian Vander, with Stella Vander and Isabelle Feuillebois. Before that, with the Paganotti siblings.

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Amon Duul II
    The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Steeleye Span.....B-52's.....Shelleyan Orphan.....Dead Can Dance......Pentangle......
    Yeah, most of the acid/psych folk abnd folk-rock groups played on both male and female vocals

Thinking of Spirogyra, but many more
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I was just listening to Black Mountain and enjoying how well the voices meshed. There's a few alt groups out there that do this now: Arcade Fire, Black Mountain, the Decemberists. Any others I should be aware of?
    I like these guys:

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I love how Phideaux incorporates female vocals, especially in his most recent albums.

Scott, do you have their CD? Is it as good as the single?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I think the single is the best song on it, but I'd rate the whole thing about a 7-7.5 out of 10. There's another great song on it called "Love Love Love," but that only features the female singer. I much prefer her over the dude.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Popol Vuh had both female (Renate Knaup, Djong Yun) and male (Florian Fricke) vox. Not usually on the same albums though.

And of course, speaking of Renate, in Amon Duul II...just about everybody sang at one point or another.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Cirrus Bay (PE's bill g), and you'll forgive the partial nepotism in the band, as there are not 1 but 2 female vocalists and one is his daughter. Bill also sings well (in spite of what he'll say).

The 2 female vox have that "angelic" quality that Amy Darby of Thieves' Kitchen has, and I love that.
    Very kind of you Steve to mention us! I probably never bothered to mention that both girls are my daughters, Acle is Sharra's married name. Can't be a coincidence how much I love Amy Darby's voice. I guess the only album I sang any lead on was the first one, and backup throughout the latest.

Thank you for including us, I hate feeling left out!