Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sir Nick Faldo at Genesis Open

It's hard to believe that Couples and Norman have so few.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's hard to believe that Couples and Norman have so few.
    Yeah, although Norman was kind of known for his runner up finishes, I would have thought both of them would have won 3-4 at least. There were certain golfers like that--Tom Kite was another one--that always seemed to be at or near the top of the leader boards but just didn't win as many majors as you'd think.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 08-13-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Do you guys really think there are that many prog fans who watch golf on TV? Sorry, but I think you guys are in a minority, god bless ya'!
    What? You don't like to watch a bunch of rich entitleed men chase around a little white ball and tap it into a hole for big bucks? WTF is wrong with you? You're wasting your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    What? You don't like to watch a bunch of rich entitleed men chase around a little white ball and tap it into a hole for big bucks? WTF is wrong with you? You're wasting your life!
    You need something to do when your yacht's moored at the marina.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    For me, its something to pass the time in between binging on watching the Kardashian "reality" shows.

Norman should have won more, just like Fowler at this point or Mickelson even.

Norman in 86 or 87 finished in the top 3 of all 4, but only won The British. And he was #1 in the world off and on for like 10 years. Of course there is the most famous 1996 Masters where he melted down on the front 9 playing with Faldo. By the Back 9 I think he had already lost a 6-shot lead.

Fowler I think it was '16 (or maybe 2015) did the same, but didn't win any, and still hasn't won a Major.

Mickelson had a drought for many years, but was close, and then finally in the last 10-15 years has won 5. I think he still is best known for his falters down the stretch on Sunday. Especially at a couple of US Opens (1 of them Payne Stewart won, the other I forget, but it was more recent, and he had maybe a 2 shot lead going into 17, and decided to hit his driver which his drive went way out of bounds).

The question now is who will be the next to win the career grand slam. Mickelson I'd say is the least likely. At his age it will be tough to win the US Open but certainly not impossible. Koepka is now two away but the way he's playing he could easily win at least the Masters or the British Open next year. You'd think Mccllroy will put it all together over four rounds and win the Masters eventually. The same goes for Spieth who should eventually win The PGA.

yeah, probably Spieth.

The Career tournaments record I wonder if will ever be broken.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._PGA_Tour_wins

this 1 is like the NBA Career points record, Lebron will likely break in a few years. I question whether anyone will be able to win even 50 tournaments again, unless they manage to win a lot in their 40's. It seems the field is a lot larger and more talented in terms of depth than it once was, even when Tiger was at his peak (let alone the field that Sam Snead competed against).

Banned
    Jed FWIW I am PROUD to have never heard of Nick Faldo.

Masters 2019:

What are the odds Molinari doesn't win?

Tiger is breathing down Molinari's neck.

Molinari crapped his pants.

Congrats Tiger. Good for him.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Well I guess we'll get nothing but sycophantic Tiger coverage for the next few weeks.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm glad he won. Deal with it.

Me too. Good for him, good for the game.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Anyone watching The US Open?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yes
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Pebble Beach is brutal. Pebble Bitch.

kind of happy for Woodland as he was close a few other times, although Koepka has nearly won all 3 Majors this year. We'll see how he does at the Open Championship next month.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Lexi Thompson sorry for blunder that cost 40 players a day's practice

Her passport blunder caused nearly 40 players to miss out on practice rounds Monday for the Women's British Open and leading golfer Lexi Thompson says she "can't apologize enough."

The American was on her way from the Evian Championship in France to Woburn when she realized her passport was in her golf bag, which was in a van carrying the players' clubs to the UK.
    She arranged for the driver to stop and meet her caddie Benji, but the delay caused the van driver to miss his ferry to England, ensuring the clubs only arrived late Monday afternoon, by which time the course was closed for maintenance ahead of the major, which begins Thursday.

Like they didn't have a few spare sets of clubs lying around! They could have all shared them.