Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern Proggy Indie Rock Recs - REDUX

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    What are your feelings about the new Flaming Lips release "Oczy Mlody" ? ...
    But I still found it much different and more substantial and interesting than most Flaming Lips albums.
    I haven't heard it yet, I grew a little dissatisfied with The Lips a few releases back. They remain a thrilling and fun live spectacle, but the releases didn't capture me like those up to and including Yoshi. I'll give this a listen based on the above though.

awesome new track from The Family Crest "Mirror Love"

new EP "Prelude to War" coming on April 28th, part of a much bigger series titled "War"

new Small Leaks Sink Ships album "Golden Calf" coming on October 12.

Just preordered on Vinyl!

https://smallleaks.bandcamp.com/album/golden-calf-2

1st video: "Dancing Devil"

I'm not sure if this exactly fits the pigeonhole but what the hell. New eleven minute track from The War on Drugs. Dig the atmospheric middle section

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Not familiar with all their stuff, but at least one song by Stardeath and the White Dwarves (basically the apprentices of the Flaming Lips) sounds a lot like that ballad on the Khan record but without any jazzy bits.