Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes cover Heat of the Moment on Cruise to the Edge

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Possibly the only time I've seen a cover by a band that has more original members of the band they're covering than original members of the band they are billed as.

OK. That one had me laughing out loud, and my family all giving me WTF? looks. And the sad thing is, there is no way I could explain to them why this is humorous.
    Sounds like we have similar family members

Yep.

Yes- Zero original members

(Original)Asia members in Yes - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    <prog geek>
    You've forgotten that U.K. grew out of the ashes of the failed Wetton-Wakeman-Bruford band.
    </prog geek>
    British Bulldog

[QUOTE=Big Ears;668067]For one moment I thought that was Trevor Rabin on the cowbell!

Why not cover Heat of the Moment as a tribute? Soon after John Wetton passed away, I listened to the Asia S/T album, for the first time in a while, and quite enjoyed it again.[/QUOTE

That is Billy's longtime drummer from World Trade,Jay Schellen who played drums with Yes last Fall for Alan when he was recovering from back surgery.

Come on, it's not THAT bad! Limp, like everything I've heard from Yes since before Anderson "left," but not terrible. Perfect cruise ship music.

The comment from the Hoffman board is telling & hilarious.

also Jay Schellan was a member of, you guessed it, Asia!

so if they had Jay on drums would have been 4 current or ex asia members and jon Davison.

can't really make conclusive statements from such low quality audio but seems like a nice thing to do can't see a reason to criticize it much.

On the plus side, I think this is the first time this song has been performed in ages with live backing vocals.

Wow, harsh crowd as usual at PE. I always question whether some ofyou actually like progressive music.

The version was fine, Jon, Billy sounded decent and it was a nice tribute to a bandmate and friend. I did get a little sea sick when the video started though. ��

I thought it was cool of Steve to use his Ritual guitar,Gibson Les Paul Jr. for Heat Of The Moment. Sounds awesome yes?

hold the damn cell phone still!!!

it was nice of them to do this. i think Billy would have been better singing it.
    who is the guy in the middle with the cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Bbernardini View Post
    On the plus side, I think this is the first time this song has been performed in ages with live backing vocals.
    I actually do not think the bv's were live. My guess is they were triggered from Geoff's rig, just like in the Asia live gigs. I also believe that JW's bv's are clearly audible. Doesn't matter though, still a wonderful tribute.
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com

[QUOTE=who is the guy in the middle with the cowbell?[/QUOTE]

Either Eric Bloom or Will Ferrell.

That was a nice sentiment. But it looks like Billy didn't know the last parts of the song. Unfortunately, that stuff is cringeworthy to my ears.

Jefferson James
    Considering the pedigree of these musicians, this was definitely an off number, a bad fish; rough version, man. Shit happens. Perhaps it was the heat of the moment.

As for Billy Sherwood, only time will tell if his cutting it fine will take him one step closer to his wildest dreams with ASIA next month; time again, here comes the feeling he might be the sole survivor at the end of it all. Without you, the fans, who knows?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It wasn't performed for those of you who weren't there to watch/hear on someone's iPhone video. It was a great way to end the show, but you had to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Considering the pedigree of these musicians, this was definitely an off number, a bad fish; rough version, man. Shit happens. Perhaps it was the heat of the moment.

As for Billy Sherwood, only time will tell if his cutting it fine will take him one step closer to his wildest dreams with ASIA next month; time again, here comes the feeling he might be the sole survivor at the end of it all. Without you, the fans, who knows?
    So don't cry if the smile has left your eyes about it. Open your eyes instead. Never in a million years would we get a tribute like that. I'm glad we got it in my own time. The heat goes on, creating a midnight sun which gives us daylight and shows us the fans' true colors.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    So don't cry if the smile has left your eyes about it. Open your eyes instead. Never in a million years would we get a tribute like that. I'm glad we got it in my own time. The heat goes on, creating a midnight sun which gives us daylight and shows us the fans' true colors.
    after the war we will be pleased we had this before the countdown to zero proved our suspicion right and it's too late to go wishing for rock and roll dreams such as this

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    after the war we will be pleased we had this before the countdown to zero proved our suspicion right and it's too late to go wishing for rock and roll dreams such as this
    Don't get political!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Possibly the only time I've seen a cover by a band that has more original members of the band they're covering than original members of the band they are billed as.

OK. That one had me laughing out loud, and my family all giving me WTF? looks. And the sad thing is, there is no way I could explain to them why this is humorous.
    Watching that does trigger a gamut of emotions......

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    LOL, someone on the Hoffman forum remarked:

The Zombies have a greater proportion of original Argent members (two of four) than original Zombies (two of five), so you could count them covering "Hold Your Head Up".

^^^ The collective trivia knowledge of PE members is mind-boggling...

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    The Zombies have a greater proportion of original Argent members (two of four) than original Zombies (two of five), so you could count them covering "Hold Your Head Up".
    King Crimson did some A Scarcity of Miracles numbers initially on tour, with the entire line-up from that album, but only one original King Crimson member.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/