Thread: Dave Kerzner Band plus special guests on CTTE with Greg Lake Tribute

Dave Kerzner Band plus special guests on CTTE with Greg Lake Tribute

I don't know how many of you on PE are on Cruise To The Edge right now. But, I wanted to share something cool that happened last night. My band went on the pool stage at 11pm last night and we played songs from my album "New World", my forthcoming album "Static" and a few from Sound of Contact Dimensionaut. I have Matt Dorsey from SOC in my band along with the McBroom Sisters, Durga and Lorelei, who both sang with Pink Floyd. Fernando Perdomo was on guitar along with Randy McStine who played "Stranded" with us (Steve Hackett was supposed to do it but was under the weather... he might sit in on the Friday 8pm pool stage show with us though). On drums I had Derek Cintron behind the kit but for the first time live I had Nick D'Virgilio sit in on some of the songs he played on my album (he's the main drummer on my album New World). The McBroom Sisters sang "Great Gig In The Sky" in our main set and it was a great crowd.

But, then for our "encore" we did about another 45 minutes of music from ELP and King Crimson to pay tribute to the late great Greg Lake! Derek came out from behind the drums to sing and play guitar on "From The Beginning". Billy Sherwood joined Fernando for "Still You Turn Me On". Sonja Kristina from Curved Air came out to sing "C'est la Vie" and then for the finale we did a medley of ALL the songs of "In The Court of the Crimson King" with Durga singing 21st Century Schizoid Man, Fernando Perdomo and Leslie Hunt (District 97) singing "I Talk To The Wind", Nick D'Virgilio singing "Epitaph", Leslie Hunt singing "Moonchild" and me singing "In The Court of the Crimson King" with a choir of the whole upper deck joining us for the aahs conducted by Fernando! It was just so much fun and really special. I wanted to tell you about it and maybe if anyone was there and wants to post any photos please chime in. I have some photos I can post and we did capture it on video so at some point I'll at least post a few clips if you're curious to see any of it. We didn't get to do any rehearsals so it was magic that it all came together the way it did!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sounds amazing! Congratulations.

Wow, great! Looking forward to any clips or photos.

Wow, wish I was there....

Love your music, Dave. I wish I were there. Sounds like this prog_freak would be in prog heaven!!

Look forward to more of your music.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Leslie Hunt.

Saw the clip of NDV singing "Epitaph" on FB, and it's fantastic! Would love to see more!

There are a few clips floating around on Facebook. There's a short one of me singing "Court", a longer one of Sonja Kristina singing Cest La Vie with Fernando Perdomo (guitar player from my band who many people, including a lot of our musical heroes, have been raving about... he's so happy right now and also he loves Curved Air). There's also a clip of Durga McBroom (long time vocalist with Pink Floyd and part of my band on CTTE) singing 21st Century Schizoid man. But, we filmed the whole thing with decent board mix audio so I'll post something at some point from that. Highlights or whatever. I go back on stage again at the pool tonight at 8pm. So soon! Ohhhh soon the night...

I was on CTTE, but was not familiar with you yet. Now that I've been introduced I really regret missing this. Oh well, I still get to see you at Progtoberfest and CTTE next year.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I was on CTTE, but was not familiar with you yet. Now that I've been introduced I really regret missing this. Oh well, I still get to see you at Progtoberfest and CTTE next year.
    Doh! Thanks. Some good news is that we'll be doing the Greg Lake tribute again (different line up this time but we'll be doing it with District 97 and friends still and also honoring the late great John Wetton) at Progtoberfest. I've got something special planned for CTTE 2018 as well beyond the already fun announcement that Sound of Contact is doing its first show ever with the original line up (Simon, myself, Matt and Kelly) and performing all of Dimensionaut plus perhaps some of the new tunes. We're planning a tour again with Dave Kerzner Band and District 97 in the States too. Next week I'll be streaming an unplugged trio performance of my songs (including a few new ones) from a cool little place in LA called Kulak's Woodshed. They have a nice piano there. It's going to be pretty cool. Limited seating available for cheap if anyone lives in LA and wants to hang with us. https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/m...n-la-4-16-2017 The streaming I believe will be on concertwindow.com and I'll share the link on my social media pages and on my web site.