Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Kimara Sajn/+1 track - Love and Anger

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    That's a hot trilogy of albums right there
    Good to hear. I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Today I ordered Future Perfect, Life Stories and Soul Revolution/Teenage Battle Hymns.
    Nice!

Today I ordered Future Perfect, Life Stories and Soul Revolution/Teenage Battle Hymns.
    You should receive your order next week along with our standard bonus disc (in this case, it's PP's "Live at Royal Sky/Bop Science"). I hope you like 'em!

Thanks and all the best to you and yours,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    You should receive your order next week along with our standard bonus disc (in this case, it's PP's "Live at Royal Sky/Bop Science"). I hope you like 'em!

Thanks and all the best to you and yours,

Kim
    Thanks Kim! I'm very much looking forward to hearing these albums in their entirety once they arrive, and based on the tracks I have heard I am sure I will like them.

Very cool about the bonus disc as well. I had no idea that would be included! A happy surprise.

Thanks for the order, man. I hope you're enjoying them
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Thanks for the order, man. I hope you're enjoying them
    I am, very much. Thanks again! So much cool new music all at once, I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Actually happened to be spinning Life Stories this afternoon, before I even opened this thread. Funny timing.

Well, I ended up listening to the entire Life Stories album in one sitting today without really planning on it. Once I started I couldn't stop. Really beautiful music, and somewhat sad too (or at least a sad undercurrent). Or perhaps wistful is the word I'm looking for.

Kim, who were some of your biggest influences?

Well, I ended up listening to the entire Life Stories album in one sitting today without really planning on it. Once I started I couldn't stop. Really beautiful music, and somewhat sad too (or at least a sad undercurrent). Or perhaps wistful is the word I'm looking for.

Kim, who were some of your biggest influences?
    I'm so glad you're enjoying that one. It was our 30th anniversary release and dedicated to our grandkids. Songs of life and death for young and old, as it were

Definitely a current of sadness and wistfulness through a lot of our stuff.

As for influences, I was a child of the late 50s and 60s. My parents were professional musicians - contemporary classical music, jazz, middle eastern music, folk music of various kinds and everything else was always playing in the house. So I have a very broad range of influences actually. I was a contemporary classical and modern jazz fiend in my early youth. Eventually i got into rock music in the mid 60s. That's when i discovered Zappa, Egg, Gong, Faust, Henry Cow and the RIO crowd. But, really, i'm an omnivore when it comes to music. I've heard a lot of diverse things and always love hearing new music whether it be relatively simple or very complex, accessible or extremely abstract.

Some of my favourite music was Aaron Copland (huge), Bernstein, Carter, Stravinsky, Britten; Laura Nyro, Burt Bacharach, Jimmy Webb; Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, CSNY; country rock stuff; folk music from all over the world; Strawbs, Maddy Pryor, June Tabor and the Fairport folks; Renaissance; Simon and Garfunkel (Paul Simon, i mean, come on); yada yada.

Recording was always my main interest. Consequently, Jan Hammer and Stevie Wonder inspired me greatly, being multi-instrumentalists at a time when that was new. I really got into Gentle Giant after hearing Acquiring the Taste early on. Egg was big in my world. Frank Zappa's Lumpy Gravy, as i'd been very into tape composition since i was quite young. That album is my favourite of his. And, of course, Todd Rundgren as mentioned earlier. He continues to be a huge inspiration in a million ways. Robert Wyatt was a fave. Steely Dan. A lot of the R&B from back then... just everything.

Just a ton of influences really. I can't cite any as the biggest. They've all had some spiritual input, surely. I guess the biggest would be the musical times themselves. FM radio. Rock when it was inclusive and less "genre-fied". I feel blessed to have grown up hearing everything i did. And to be able to hear more is awesome too! So much great music out there still

Sorry for the novella!

Thanks for listening to our music,

K
    Last edited by Polypet; 05-07-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Just a word up for anyone who might be interested: +1 - Pendulum will be officially released next week. Woo and, i suppose, hoo also

Here is the online stream, now public and available for the listening and sharing - http://www.precognitiverecords.com/Pendulum

Click on the cover to use the player.

Thanks one and all for you kind words,

Kim

One last gentle bumpity bump... and then into the aether...

And also a word from our omniscient sponsor:

Pop
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/Pop

still somewhat new from
    Red Balloon
    makers of Exciting New Dirt and other fine consumer products

Peace to one and all,

K