Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did PROG Issue #72 (Vangelis) Ever Make it to your Door?

Did PROG Issue #72 (Vangelis) Ever Make it to your Door?

It is now coming up on 2 MONTHS since PROG Issue #72 was sent to the newsstands. I still have not received it in the USA. Anyone with subscriptions receive their copy?

PROG 72 on newsstands 12/7/16
    PROG 73 on newsstands 1/11/17 this as per PROG's FB page.

Prog 72 went on sale Weeks before receivership later that month.

Unless they are still using Sailing Ships......it doesn't take 60 days to deliver a magazine.......

I'm due for renewal in March.........doubtful it will take place if they cannot deliver.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Also a subscriber and never got #72.

Guess I need to go out to Barnes And Noble and snag one...

Bummer.
    The Prog Corner

Ever since the buy out(or whatever you want to call it)I haven't seen any PROG magazines at the book store. I might just try to order them online.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Also a subscriber and never got #72.

Guess I need to go out to Barnes And Noble and snag one...

Bummer.
    Good luck with that. I haven't seen them there for a while. See my post above.

I bought #72 @ BnN last week in Tacoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Good luck with that. I haven't seen them there for a while. See my post above.
    They had that issue at B&N in Crystal Lake IL. They are very consistent getting them in. Waiting on Greg Lake issue.

Orcopian
    yes i got my subscriber copy through the post, i also received the greg lake cover issue last week. Today I got an email from Prog thanking all subscribers and offering a free download of a pink floyd special magazine they must have previously published. there is also a promise of more news - 'Next week we hope to cover some of your questions since Prog departed from Team Rock and linked up with Future Publishing once again. The team are back together, working hard to deliver your next issue of Prog.'

#72 arrived a while back, still waiting on #73.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Wouldn't you know it? Eight hours after creating this thread, issue #72 of PROG arrives in my mailbox........the cover sheet says "Merry Christmas from Team Rock!" . I say "Happy Groundhog Day".

Return address: Budapest, Hungary
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

It looks like I'm stuck between a (prog)rock and a hard place. My local B&N doesn't have issue #72 and I can't figure out how to order it online. There doesn't seem to be a link for subscriptions and there doesn't seem to be a way to actually order back issues.

We got ours about 3 weeks ago, I think, in B'more. I think my buddy got his in 'Cuse maybe a week ago.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    It looks like I'm stuck between a (prog)rock and a hard place. My local B&N doesn't have issue #72 and I can't figure out how to order it online. There doesn't seem to be a link for subscriptions and there doesn't seem to be a way to actually order back issues.
    New on sale for $8.00 on eBay

I am subscriber, I got it about two weeks ago.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    New on sale for $8.00 on eBay
    I just might do it that way. That's cheaper than the newstand price. I wonder if it includes the cd though. My guess would be no.

It's just frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any way to actually order it online through the team.rock website.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 02-03-2017 at 09:55 AM.

So glad I'm not a huge Vangelis fan or else I'd be upset.

I had better get the Greg Lake issue though!!!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    I am subscriber, I got it about two weeks ago.
    Hmm... in fact I got confused. It was the Greg Lake issue I got few weeks ago. Vangelis issue I have had for ages already
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Just this morning received issue 73 (Lake) digitally, FYI. First issue since the new ownership took over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just ordered #72 on ebay. I really didn't want to. I would have rather bought from PROG themselves but unfortunately that didn't seem like an option.

#73 arrived in my mailbox today (Tuesday Feb 7).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

#73 arrived today. 2/10/17

I subscribed to the 2 issues for $10 a while ago.

In the words of BTO, ain't seen nothing yet.

Pubble dost.

I picked mine up at the PO the other day(I wasn't home when delivery was attempted). I had to purchase it on ebay but on the plus side it actually cost me a couple of dollars less than what I would have paid for at the book store(and in new condition nonetheless).

I subscribe here in the UK - Issue 72 (Vangelis) arrived on time (as far as I remember), #73 (Lake) was a bit late (sort of understandably) and, (somehow unexpectedly!) #74 (Tull) arrived yesterday (10 Feb).
    Looks like Future Publishing are getting their act together as far as UK operations are concerned.
    Hopefully things will improve for overseas customers - Prog is a magazine I wouldn't want to loose.

I live in Rhode Island and just received #72 (Vangellis) last week. An unexpected surprise, although not my favorite issue, with a significant portion devoted to electronica. But still deeply enjoyed.