Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did PROG Issue #72 (Vangelis) Ever Make it to your Door?

Quote Originally Posted by r2daft2 View Post
    I subscribe here in the UK - Issue 72 (Vangelis) arrived on time (as far as I remember), #73 (Lake) was a bit late (sort of understandably) and, (somehow unexpectedly!) #74 (Tull) arrived yesterday (10 Feb).
    Looks like Future Publishing are getting their act together as far as UK operations are concerned.
    Hopefully things will improve for overseas customers - Prog is a magazine I wouldn't want to loose.
    Wow, that was fast! #74 just went on sale Wednesday. I can't complain about my subscription here in Canada, I get the magazine long before they hit the shops - in fact, it seems to be a full issue ahead most of the time. So if things are running smoothly again, great! We didn't really miss a beat when you consider how cluster-f***-ish it could have been.

I did notice however that my account shows 'lapsed' on the website, which shouldn't be because I am set to auto-renew. I e-mailed them and they got back to me the next day, saying that while the transition is still ongoing, the account details may not appear correct, but they assured me my subscription will continue.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Maybe this is totally unfounded, but....

Hasn't the Team Rock (which publishes Prog, Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and the now defunkt Blues and AOR mag) recently declared bankruptcy?

I heard there is some kind of crowdfunding to get the thing boosted up again and save the 70 jobs at stakes -or at least to pay what's due to them?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Got my Greg Lake issue yesterday.
    Seems a lot of EU/UK readers have a huge hard on for Marillion. Voted "everyone else sucks" in the reader polls.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Maybe this is totally unfounded, but....

Hasn't the Team Rock (which publishes Prog, Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and the now defunkt Blues and AOR mag) recently declared bankruptcy?

I heard there is some kind of crowdfunding to get the thing boosted up again and save the 70 jobs at stakes -or at least to pay what's due to them?
    Old news. Haven't you been paying attention? What happened was the company that owned them before bailed them out and is now the parent company again. So it's sort of like meet the new boss same as the old boss. I'm sure someone else can explain it better than me but that's the gist of it.

I'm not sure what happened with the crowdfunding thing or if that made a difference. As far as that goes I haven't been paying attention. However, I can only assume that the people who lost their jobs are back in the saddle again(to use another classic rock reference ).

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Old news. Haven't you been paying attention?
    nope

How old is that "news"?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Issue #73 (lake) arrived on the Left Coast Saturday (2/11) That's a bit better.......#72 took 2 months to get here, #73 took 1 month to get here....The Homing Pigeons have been working out!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    nope

How old is that "news"?
    It's old news because this happened around Christmas time. About three to four weeks ago or so they were able to be "rescued."

Could someone please tell me how I can get a subscription to this magazine? Who do I have to contact? There doesn't seem to be any way to order this magazine on the website.