Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Bootleg Title

^You can't read it on that image, but the Grim Reaper is saying "Bath time."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Taste was not exactly paramount. I gather there's a bootleg of The Who's Cincinnati 1979 show which ended in tragedy (not during the show itself...and the band were unaware until after the encore) called Stampede.
    Well, the show didn't end in tragedy, the tragedy occurred before the show even began, when the people were crushed by people who were pushing toward the doors becuase they thought the concert had already started (in fact, the band was only soundchecking).

It's a common misconception that the people were trampled. They weren't. It was just that you had a huge crowd of (probably rowdy) people gathered outside (in Cincinnati, in December) who were already trying to get good seats for the general admission show, and when they heard music they all started pushing forward, as if that was somehow going to make the people in front move forward or something. The story I always heard that it was such that when the venue management finally gave the word to open the doors, at least one set couldn't be opened because you had several thousand people outside pushing against them!

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    This one sits in my boot collection :

Attachment 9764
    That's one I was trying to think of. My buddy had that. I remember it being pretty crappy quality, right? That performance did come out with stellar sound not too long ago. But, it wasn't a very inspired performance.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I once saw a Jethro Tull bootleg called A Slice of Flutecake.
    David J. Wimer, author of The Seatopia Trilogy

Beatles - Something to Hide

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    I once saw a Jethro Tull bootleg called A Slice of Flutecake.
    I have one titled "Flute Cake." Could that be the same one?

That also reminds me of a classic Tull boot: "A Sackful of Trousersnakes."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I have one titled "Flute Cake." Could that be the same one?
    "
    No, they're different. "Flute Cake" is a classic vinyl boot of a Benefit-era show (except it was unfortunately sped up). "Slice of" is a CD era boot of a 90s show.