Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to synphonic(Greg Walkers website)?

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Three days any no reply from Greg to my early request to order.
    He'll get to you. It took a week to finalize my order after he checked some other stuff after two albums I asked for were out of stock.

Anyone here used to go over to his place on Saturday mornings? I did, meet some cool people there. Originally when he was in Stanton and later when he was in La Mirada, I loved being able to check stuff out before I bought and hated when he moved out of state. He was (is) so up on all of the prog stuff, I was always amazed at how much time he must devote to listening to everything...
    Last edited by Mythos; 06-09-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Three days any no reply from Greg to my early request to order.

Mind you, I did it from my private e-mail (which he knows as well) and there was the w-e, but I'll have to do it from my prof e-mail, I guess
    Did Greg respond to you yet? I think it was that darn spam thing interrupting the process (which he is working on).

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    Did Greg respond to you yet? I think it was that darn spam thing interrupting the process (which he is working on).
    Yes he did (thanks ), but I wish he'd respond to my private e-mail instead of my professional one . We're discussing again.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Anyone here used to go over to his place on Saturday mornings? I did, met some cool people there. Originally when he was in Stanton and later when he was in La Mirada, I loved being able to check stuff out before I bought and hated when he moved out of state. He was (is) so up on all of the prog stuff, I was always amazed at how much time he must devote to listening to everything...
    Was never able to, unfortunately.

Anyone here used to go over to his place on Saturday mornings? I did, met some cool people there. Originally when he was in Stanton and later when he was in La Mirada, I loved being able to check stuff out before I bought and hated when he moved out of state. He was (is) so up on all of the prog stuff, I was always amazed at how much time he must devote to listening to everything...
    Yep, I did that for awhile before he moved. I didn't go there a lot, but looking over what he had was pretty nice before getting anything.

Had a good recent experience with Greg. Ordered a GEP import and got it much cheaper than others were selling it for. Took two weeks to get, but I wanted to pay by check. 😁😁😁

BTW he just bough a bunch of CDs from me so He is still going.
    Mark Monforti
    Co-Owner of Progrock.com
    www.ProgRock.com

North America Distribution and Boutique Label
    https://essentials.ProgRock.com

Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/XjXVZ8WqNP

900 + Podcasts here
    www.musicinwidescreen.com
    Live Shows Sunday 6pm-9pm CST Sundays @ ProgRock.com

Tried sending an order to Greg Walker over a week ago. Got no response. Is everything OK with him?

Bob

He's a prog hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    He's a prog hero.
    I got a couple of LPs from him last week. Quick and at a great price.

I got an Electric Orange double vinyl import this summer from Greg that was otherwise impossible to get directly from the band in Deutchland.

Same problem again. E-mail and phone call and no response for over 7 days?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Same problem again. E-mail and phone call and no response for over 7 days?
    I am preparing an order for Greg myself so I will check with him on your connectivity issue as well.

He responded to me 2 weeks ago.

I've ordered from Greg a couple times since the pandemic. The first time it took him longer to respond because he said my email got stuck in spam. I don't know what's going on, but I'm seeing more and more people that don't hear back from him. His website really needs to join the 21st century so that you can just add items to a cart and check out, like you can everywhere else. It's getting to be a hassle emailing him a list to find out what he has to have him email you back and tell you what he doesn't have in stock....evidently, assuming he gets back to you at all.

Greg got a hold of me. For some reason his emails were going to wrong address again!

No harm no foul.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I ordered up from Greg a couple of months ago and all went smoothly.

I had a great experience with Greg a few weeks ago. He responded in a couple of days, had all the titles I wanted and shipped quickly.

Greg will continue to get business from me, but maybe not as often as either of us would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    I had a great experience with Greg a few weeks ago. He responded in a couple of days, had all the titles I wanted and shipped quickly.
    Greg will continue to get business from me, but maybe not as often as either of us would want.

yessssss, Greg is still great.
    And despite the relatively expensive cross-ocean postal rate, he's still quite competitive (the USD exchange rate helping)

But I also had a problem with my e-mails going to his trash/spam files. I think he looks in there not frequently enough, though.

However, I must say that for my first order, he didn't have a lot (+/-50%) of what I had chosen from his catalogue (which appently he doesn't update very often), so he sent me whatever he had, until he'd order back what he could.

For the second part of my order (soon to come), he will only have roughly 50% of what he didn't have the first time around. In total, from my original list made from his catalogue, I'll end up with only 75% of what I wanted. I just checked and from what he didn't have and hasn't een able to restock, he's taken it out of his site, which means there is some follow-up.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Of the 19 titles I ordered, he said two were out of print and two should be restocked.

I gave four substitutes and he had all of them.

Many of the titles he has are not available anywhere else or if they are it is price prohibitive.

Hard to find deals with the music we like!

If you order music from Amazon US site and the vendor name shows as ProgHeaven, that is Greg Walker! This is great because I can use my Amazon gift cards and send Greg some business at the same time.

Greg Walker is my favorite vendor. We both live in the USA. Fair prices and more than fair postage for folks who live in America.

Ordered a few times fro Greg and can't complain. Apart from him being involved in one of the bigger Prog Bootleg things he is ok.
    (the biggest Prog Bootleg thing comes from my country anyway)

Anyone here used to go over to his place on Saturday mornings? I did, meet some cool people there. Originally when he was in Stanton and later when he was in La Mirada, I loved being able to check stuff out before I bought and hated when he moved out of state. He was (is) so up on all of the prog stuff, I was always amazed at how much time he must devote to listening to everything...
    Yeah, only a couple of times tho', (thought it was in Brea CA). It was great! Like a highly concentrated Amoeba experience in a high school friend's garage. Flooding him w/ questions saved me a lot of trial and error. Scored some crazy stuff on those visits and left w/ a very light wallet.