Thread: New YES book

New YES book

Just came back from my local Barnes & Noble only to discover a new YES book by Will Romano called " Close To The Edge: How YES's masterpiece defined Prog Rock". Will begin reading shortly.

This is a bit more about it, from the publisher (Backbeat Books) - you can also read the first 13 pages here as well: https://www.halleonardbooks.com/prod...subsiteid=168&

The author has previously written "Mountains Come Out of the Sky: The Illustrated History of Prog Rock" and "Prog Rock FAQ: All That's Left to Know About Rock's Most Progressive Music".

I bought a copy today. My girlfriend and I were at B&N, I had a gift card but wasn't really expecting to find anything. I saw the Yes book, read some random pages and thought "what the heck". I'll start it once I finish the Steve Hackett book I just bought from a Goodwill store.

Mr. Romano's Masters thesis?
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Ember
    Looks good. I'll wait for the Kindle version. I already have far more physical books than there's room for.

Nice cover. I've just skimmed the first three pages, no typos or grammatical errors - it's historical background so far, so whether it adds anything new about the band remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Mr. Romano's Masters thesis?
    A bit unfair - he's written other books, including this:

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    Nice cover. I've just skimmed the first three pages, no typos or grammatical errors - it's historical background so far, so whether it adds anything new about the band remains to be seen.

A bit unfair - he's written other books, including this:

This book ("Mountains Come out of the Sky") is excellent. He covers not only the obvious players but also a LOT of the more obscure bands and records. I highly recommend it.It has a extensive section on Happy the Man. Based on that book, I ordered the new Yes book. It just arrived today and looks very deep.