Thread: Pain Of Salvation/District 97 North American Tour

Pain Of Salvation/District 97 North American Tour

Big things afloat for D97! Check out the press release here.

DISTRICT 97 To Perform At Cruise to the Edge And Support Pain of Salvation On North American Tour

Laser's Edge-signed modern/progressive rock act DISTRICT 97 has announced a new batch of live dates which consume most of February, including newly-secured North American tour supporting Pain of Salvation.

DISTRICT 97 begins their new tour with Tour To The Edge, a run of headlining shows beginning February 2nd where they’ll be playing Chicago, Louisville, and Murfreesboro, TN on their way to Tampa. There they’ll take part in the Cruise To The Edge, which sails to Cozumel, Mexico and back, and sees the band joining Yes, Kansas, Steve Hackett, Mike Portnoy, Spock's Beard, HAKEN, and many others on the cruise.

Immediately following the headlining shows, DISTRICT 97 will connect with Pain Of Salvation to support the band on their North American tour from February 12th through 23rd, which sees them playing Tampa, Houston, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Quebec, and Montreal. Additional dates are being confirmed now so stand by and check http://www.district97.net for updates.

DISTRICT 97 Tour Dates:
    2/02/2017 Reggies Music Joint (special Classic Prog-themed show) – Chicago, IL w/ CHEER-ACCIDENT
    2/03/2017 Haymarket Whiskey Bar – Louisville, KY w/ Grackle
    2/04/2017 Main Street Music – Murfreesboro, TN w/ Evership
    2/07-11/2017 Cruise To The Edge 2017 in Tampa, FL-Cozumel, MX
    2/12/2017 The Orpheum – Tampa, FL w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/14/2017 The Scout Bar – Houston, TX w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/15/2017 Gas Monkey – Dallas, TX w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/16/2017 The Riot Room – Kansas City, MO w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/18/2017 Reggies – Chicago, IL w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/19/2017 The Token Lounge – Detroit, MI w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/21/2017 Mod Club – Toronto, ON w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/22/2017 Le Cercle – Quebec, QC w/ Pain Of Salvation
    2/23/2017 Le Tulipe – Montreal, QC w/ Pain Of Salvation

Let us know if you're coming!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool. Should be fun for you guys to hang with the PoS guys on the ship. See you there!

I really wish I could find a way to get to Louisville, but wouldn't want to displace anyone on a Katsikas couch.

And I am starting to be forced to actually obey my chronology a bit.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Jefferson James
    Great paring! Hope to see some SoCal dates soon. Congrats, Jonathan!

I'm going to try to make Reggie's. I used to go see Cheer Accident back in the 90s. Haven't seen them since.

I hope they get farther west and north than Houston - although I realized that the smallish prog audiences and long drives out here tend to militate against that.

Also, there's another issue: Up until eight years ago, POS refused to tour the States, for a reason the PE Terms of Service don't allow me to mention here. I wonder if now they might again construe a similar reason for taking a similar action, and bail on the whole tour. They certainly considered that reason overwhelming enough at the time, and I would be surprised if they had changed their views. Or how they might decide to act upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    I'm going to try to make Reggie's. I used to go see Cheer Accident back in the 90s. Haven't seen them since.
    They're still good, and Thymme is still utterly bonkers.
    Last edited by Baribrotzer; 01-26-2017 at 05:25 PM.

My wife and I will be at the Montreal show, although it looks like the venue has been changed to Cafe Campus? I hope so, because that's what we bought tickets for.
    <sig out of order>

I convinced a friend to bring his wife to your Houston show for Valentine's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    I convinced a friend to bring his wife to your Houston show for Valentine's Day.
    Thanks, that's awesome!

Tour To The Edge kicks off, Thursday 2/2 at Reggie's in our hometown of Chicago! This show will be very emotional for us as it will be a tribute to our dear friend John Wetton. To make it extra special, founding D97 member Rob Clearfield will be joining to help us pay tribute. We hope all of our local friends will be able to make this one.

No Northern California dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about adding a NJ Proghouse Show?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking