Thread: Buku Broux - any fans?

Banned

Buku Broux - any fans?

Awesome band from New Orleans that play an instrumental progressive music that is in direction where, let's say, Oregon were in the 70s. This month, Buku Broux released a magnificent album as a 'name your price' release on Bandcamp.

https://bukubrouxdownloadcode504.ban...tric-life-2017

Just DL'ed...cool stuff...great background music for work.
    G.A.S -aholic

Here's one that's not exactly similar, but a similar sort of thing - modern instrumental fusion featuring an unconventional instrument. And no, I don't mean that six-string bass - it's more out there than that. The band record on Snarky Puppy's GroundUp label.

I saw them while I was on holiday in New Orleans in March last year. They were playing in Jackson Square and they managed to get a small crowd to listen. I was impressed enough to buy a CD.

They were definitely different to the other street bands that I came across in town.

Quote Originally Posted by rrobh View Post
    I saw them while I was on holiday in New Orleans in March last year. They were playing in Jackson Square and they managed to get a small crowd to listen. I was impressed enough to buy the testo fuel supplement a CD.

They were definitely different to the other street bands that I came across in town.
    I'm a fan. Would love to see them live again.
    Last edited by Konstance; 07-26-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Banned
    So magnificent music by Buku Broux that I couldn't get enough of listening to them. And I say this as someone who began to listen to that kind of instrumental progressive music in the middle of the seventies with already mentioned Oregon, and ECM releases of its best era - the second half of the 70s and the 80s.
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-29-2017 at 07:10 AM.