Thread: Igginbottom

Igginbottom

So in my quest to find everything Allan Holdsworth has played on I came across this real early band Igginbottom and their 1969 release Igginbottom's Wrench. Holdsy plays guitar and does some vocals on it. There are some parts that really remind me of the first King Crimson release.

Igginbottom's Wrench is a studio album by the band 'Igginbottom, released in 1969 through Deram Records originally on vinyl only.[2] It has been reissued a number of times (sometimes under the group title of "Allan Holdworth & Friends"), most notably on CD for the first time on 5 March 1989,[3] as well as a remastered edition in 2000 through Angel Air Records[4] with extensive liner notes detailing the band's history. It is one of the first recordings to feature guitarist Allan Holdsworth

Anyone ever hear of this? I love it.

I've been collecting all AH-albums for about 30 years and this one is a nice addition (I have an early Japanese release on CD). It's a kind of early jazzpop. I think it's the first official album Holdsworth played on.
    The story of Igginbottom had a recently new chapter. The second guitarist, Steve Robinson, who partly wrote Holdsworth's Out From Under, released his first solo-album "Recalled To Life - Chapter One" (Art Of Life Records). The original version of that tune is on it plus nine other fine melodic jazz-rock tracks.
    There's a thread on this in the What's New-section b.t.w.
    http://www.artofliferecords.com/reca...hapterone.html