Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Country Communion to Make Another Album

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'm hoping that Joe gets more lead vocals than Glenn...
    I just read an interview about the album in Classic Rock. It says that Glenn is doing all of the lead vocals on this one as Joe basically just wanted to concentrate on guitar.

Joe's vocals are okay, but I'd rather he focus on guitar, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Joe's vocals are okay, but I'd rather he focus on guitar, too.
    I think he has a very good voice. He just doesn't bring much diversity to his singing and tends to overdo his blues vocals.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think this is out now, anyone heard it yet?

Just watched a documentary on Purple Mark III and IV on YouTube that heavily features Glenn Hughes. He seems thoughtful and reflective when recounting the travails and his sad story of drug addiction. The Indonesia concert where one of their crew was murdered and Tommy Bolin's inability to play anything other than barre chords on guitars tuned for each song was harrowing. They were apparently forced to play a second show under penalty of imprisonment. Dobermans were let loose on the crowd who were mauled in the melee. Nuts!

Hughes is a strong talent that appears to have come out on the other side of his own personal horror show. BCC is some good stuff! So far, I like the first one the best!
    Last edited by Guitarplyrjvb; 03-03-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Just watched a documentary on Purple Mark III and IV on YouTube that heavily features Glenn Hughes. He seems thoughtful and reflective when recounting the travails and his sad story of drug addiction. The Indonesia concert where one of their crew was murdered and Tommy Bolin's inability to play anything other than barre chords on guitars tuned for each song was harrowing. They were apparently forced to play a second show under penalty of imprisonment. Doberman's were let loose on the crowd who were mauled in the melee. Nuts!

Hughes is a strong talent that appears to have come out on the other side of his own personal horror show. BCC is some good stuff! So far, I like the first one the best!
    Amazing. I like the first two a great deal.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post

I like all 4 albums, but agree the first two are probably the best. Some of Hughes solo albums are really good too.