Thread: Boston-'Once more than a feeling' live cd from 'Third Stage Tour'!

Boston-'Once more than a feeling' live cd from 'Third Stage Tour'!

This is from the Third Stage tour!
    Don't how legit this release is but would be curious to know what the sound quality is like? [no reviews up on Amazon]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...69118411_em_ti
    boston.jpg

The eons are closing
    That's a better set than I got in NJ on that tour.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

That looks like a boot to me. I have no idea about the sound quality, sorry.

FWIW, I was at the opening night of the 10 Worcester dates, and caught one other night was well after they added shows. The band was really great, particularly that opening night. I think they were really jazzed for these performances and pulled out all the stops.

Bill

I'm more curious to hear how the vocals sound. That seems to have always been the weak link for this band onstage. Those vocal harmonies sounded great on the records, but onstage, they often times sounded diabolical. You think Donna Godchaux sounded bad on those mid 70's Grateful Dead shows, you haven't heard anything until you've heard Brad Delp totally fail to hit some of the high notes onstage.

I am not aware of Boston ever releasing an official live album, so my guess is this is a boot, but don't know that for sure. I saw the current version of the band last year and though they sounded amazing. I walked away thinking that this band should do a live release.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I'm more curious to hear how the vocals sound. That seems to have always been the weak link for this band onstage. Those vocal harmonies sounded great on the records, but onstage, they often times sounded diabolical. You think Donna Godchaux sounded bad on those mid 70's Grateful Dead shows, you haven't heard anything until you've heard Brad Delp totally fail to hit some of the high notes onstage.
    Vocals were pretty damned good at the Worcester shows I saw, Delp in particular. Backing vocals weren't as lush as on the albums, which is not shocking, but I recall them being darned good for live. Of course, that is "in the arena." Sometimes live tapes reveal things that weren't as apparent with all the other sound bouncing around.

It would be interesting to hear a recording of one of these shows to see if it lived up to my memory of them. All I know is that at the time I thought they were great, great enough to go twice.

Bill

OK, since everything is on Youtube, I looked on Youtube and found this:

Just scanning various spots and it sounds pretty damn good. Backing vocals a little off, though this was likely not noticeable live, but Delp is pretty spot on. Sound quality is extremely good. If this is the same recording as above, which it likely is, then I'd say it's pretty darned good.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    OK, since everything is on Youtube, I looked on Youtube and found this:

Just scanning various spots and it sounds pretty damn good. Backing vocals a little off, though this was likely not noticeable live, but Delp is pretty spot on. Sound quality is extremely good. If this is the same recording as above, which it likely is, then I'd say it's pretty darned good.

Bill
    Agree, legit or not have just ordered from Amazon!